wapitibob

H

hornhunter247

ok just want to know why you think its ok to ruin a young ladies high after she harvested a beautiful bull? this is my point on most nm hunters being selfish, how do you know that wasn't the first bull that young girl came across? was she supposed to pass that trophy and shoot a spike? she probably would've been tickled to death with a spike! I for one am teaching my kids the values of passing on younger animals to let them mature. if he wants to shoot a spike or cow that would be great but if he chooses to pass a few that would be fine by me period! just when I start to think your a pretty decent guy you pull a stupid stunt like that? at least have enough decency to start a new thread! that girl has the same rights to harvest animals as you! that was just bs

Dude,

Really what do you want?

My dad is on a hunt there now with a resident, that was 0-15 on draws!

I have never heard a man cry so much in my life! There was a 350 bull coming to me, and then an idiot came up the road. YOU THINK! NO WAY

BUST ON A KID NICE!

If you could comprehend simple English you would know I didn't bust on a kid.

ok,,,, a comma works!

GO CRY!

tragic

I spotted a 6x that would go 360 minimum, not 300 yards from my truck, while hunting 34.
Just before dark he came off the ridge tip into the finger meadow, next to the road. I also heard a hunter bugling at the bull, from behind him. As I moved down the timber/meadow interface towards the bull, I heard a rig cross the cattle guard, turn onto the gravel road, then saw it come sliding around the corner. He locked up all 4, threw open the door before the white Chevy came to a stop, and bugled at the bull that had now moved back into the trees. He then turned around and left.
Yes Virginia, there are Jackasses in NM.

don't you think that there's a lot of other hunts you can put some of this blame on? especially with all the unit wide lo tags that get sold! but in my opinion you ruined that girls post. that's just wrong.

yeah but I wanted to show how easy it is to start a new thread. and change the subject.
elkman, seriously?

well I for one am glad there's no such thing! I know you weren't directly busting on that kid. you just come across so much better than that, normally.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-09 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]I think Bob knows I did not agree with his original post, and I think it was poor judgment to post that on that girls post and he should most likely try to get it deleted. However, why call him out on the forum like that. PM him first and if you dont like the response you get then call him out.

Hornhunter, the problem with a post like this is that it is perfect bait for guys like elkman that just come on this sight to troll.
Elkman, lays in the weeds and takes cheap shots at people and this is perfect example. Not even sure if elkman even hunts. The vast majority of his posts are talking crap or selling baseball cards????
I have never seen where he has even posted about his own hunt. Nothing says he has to, but, why go on and post nasty comments about other peoples hunts or their comments.

Bob, I still disagree that the youth hunt is the problem. I would cut every other bull/cow/LO/Ranch tag before i cut the youth hunt. If it was up to me I would start by going back to 2 cow seasons and reducing those tags 10-20% and we would have more elk up here in a few years. Cut back on LO tags and RO tags.
And I do agree that kids can be happy with a cow, but, so can every other hunter if they just want to go hunting.

Nm paul well put I would rather see any kid kill a big bull than anybody else on this sight.Do you know how big of a rush it was for her,twice what it would have been for any of us.All I can say is don't be so selfish its public land not your land.As for GOOD JOB I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT I'M STILL VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Hey there bob remember me I asked for help in unit 34 on bowsite and you busted my chops for asking in the wrong way. I't dosent feel so good does it. O by the way if you dont like native New Mexicans go hunt some where else.

you know i started this thread to kind of make a point to him on how easy it is to start a new thread instead of destroying some lucky hunters great experience. wapitibob is a pretty good guy whom I really like to talk to on here! my intent was not to bash on him if it was I really would've got after it! wb I got your back if you want to take this one to 150+! lol

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-09 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]
I "busted your chops"?
I'll let my peers decide how I handled your request for info.

from the "other" site;

Bowhunter:
I drew a elk tag for unit 34 2nd hunt any information where to hunt, also anyone been succesful in this unit.

WapitiBob:
1) Use the search function.

2) Pull out the map, hang it on the wall, stand back a few feet, and pick your spots.

Bowhunter:
some real smart a$$ guys out there, just asking for pointers not honey holes, I'm just a good old country boy from New Mexico looking for pointers on a unit I never hunted not some smart a$$ remarks from out of state guys.

WapitiBob:
You got a few real good pointers.

You gave us the finger.

Bowhunter:
no not giving the finger just thought you guys where poking fun and not being realistic, like I said just looking for some pointers like example what areas to hunt not exact location.

WapitiBob:
like I said:

1) use the search function. There are threads listing specific areas.

2) Look at the map from a few feet away. The larger roadless areas will show up when viewed at a distance.

Bowhunter:
thanks wapitibob and Thumper hope you knock them dead,and you and your son have fun maybe see you on the trail.

>you know i started this thread
>to kind of make a
>point to him on how
>easy it is to start
>a new thread instead of
>destroying some lucky hunters great
>experience. wapitibob is a pretty
>good guy whom I really
>like to talk to on
>here! my intent was not
>to bash on him if
>it was I really would've
>got after it! wb I
>got your back if you
>want to take this one
>to 150+! lol

They do seem to be coming out of the woodwork..

bowhunter you have some holes in your post, to start what weapon? huge difference on where the elk are and how you hunt them depending on the time of year. and wapitibob didn't give you bad info, first time I went I closed my eyes and pointed at the map, found 9 sheds and saw tons of elk. so take it for what its worth!

Now, this is funny!

NMpaul et al, has become the used cars salesmen for unit 34!

NMPAUL, was crying for a point system, and now he changed his mind!

They got "lucky"!

Bottom line is unit 34 is not the Gila! You have a great chance to get a bull on a hunt. That will score, XXXXX, no one cares!

It is about 2% draw odds!

I do have some baseball cards for sale still Paul,,, I can meet at the bottom of "Bear Slide"?

How about get involved, and not just run your mouth so much!

Kisses

Bowhunter,
You'll not find a better group of people on the NM forum than the Unit 34 crows, so if you want info, just PM. I'll gladly put you on elk since I didn't draw a tag this year. Welcome to the site.

DC

Elkman,
Keep up, brother. We're talking about the number of hunts and the fact that Wapiti Bob had a good point, just posted on the wrong string. The number of hunts in 34 is RIDICULOUS! The herds are doing good right now, but cannot carry the number of hunts currently offered for very long.

Cheers,

DC

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-09 AT 04:45AM (MST)[p]Elkboy, it looks like you were able to sneak on Moms computer earlier than normal.

Take up another hobby besides stalking me. Its weird like your posts. You seem way to worried about me. Most likely I am not as cute as you think.

Why dont you tell us about your hunts?? Most likely not as fun as sitting on the sidelines waiting for the opportunity to poke at people with sticks.

Well wasting to much time. We have 3 ML bull tags to fill. Maybe if you were nicer you could go hunting with someone.

Not really in holes in my post that site is called bowsite.com, NO bob just thought I would ruffel a few feathers, I took the advice I recived from people and my expireince, and put together a great hunt in 34 didnt kill but had a few shots and seen alot of good bulls in all had a great hunt anyways that is why its called hunting not killing.

NM Paul,

Lose the anger!

You are on an elk hunt now. in 34 right?

I have a serious ? Do you and Wapiti bob snuggle?

We need a point system!

Elkboy, none of your business who I snuggle with.
I told you. I am not as cute as you think I am.
Quit obsessing over me.
Find yourself someone nice.
Hope you get the point system you want.
Send me a decoder ring so I can understand your posts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom