Weather and hunts

Gator

Long Time Member
How the weather down around that 5B unit, Any frost down there yet. How did the archery hunt go.

Talked to one of the ranch owners down in 5B he said it was still kind of warm and the Bulls have just started talking n his place, and that they shut down about a hour after first light or so. He thinks next week they will be really full blown then.

The archery hunt was better than expected. We ran into elk every day, morning and evening. One evening we did get skunked but for 8 days of hunting I thought it went good. No huge bulls but elk every day. Saw on 340 bull at 30 yds opening day but no shot. Passed up cows and spikes and stuck a 5x5 but never found him (still pissed off). Looked for him yesterday but the wind was bad and the crows weren't flying. Called in a couple of bulls while I was looking for my bull yesterday. BTW, the elk do not stop bugling all of a sudden. They bugle all day long, just not as frequent. We called in bulls at 11am and 1pm. If your close you'll hear them.

My hunt starts on the 13th of OCT, I'm headed that way on the 10th, Hope to run into some good ones, hope the weather gets colder. I saw that it snowed in Utah last night.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom