Weiser River Zone Tag B

TheHotDuke

Hey guys been awhile since I've posted.

Was wondering if anyone has any advice as to movements for this General season coming up in a couple of days. I and my GF are looking to try to bag our first Elk this year. We are looking to hunt likely in 32A unit. Any pointers on movements you've observed that might gives us novice Elk hunters a chance to try to get something is greatly appreciated.

I do have information on late youth hunt for Extra doe Tag for Dec hunt in unit 39. and some basic Deer knowledge in unit 40 up by Reynolds creek area.

thanks
Again

Why switch from where you received some good advice about hunting the unit you were in last year? Hunting a new unit with little research or time to get help from others is starting from scratch and can be a shot in the dark. My buddy switched to 32A this year and came up empty while he learned the unit.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-18 AT 08:28AM (MST)[p]I did hunt this unit last year... I am familiar somewhat with it. Was thinking if deer hunters or A tag hunters had been in the area and had seen Elk I was inquiring if they had insight to they're movements. I didn't say I hadn't hunted for Elk before, just trying to bag my first that's all.

If you've been in Weiser Zone before and have some familiarity then that will be really helpful. Hopefully someone with experience there or who has recently hunted it will chime in for you. I'd try to get ahold of the biologist out of McCall for the unit. They can be helpful. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom