What the ????

FamousAddiction

Don't think I've ever had the first half of September in central CO be so quiet in the areas I hunt. I've hunted a total of 10 days and have heard 1 distant bugle. I've seen elk most everyday but no talking at all, not even the big groups of cows I've seen.

How's the rest of the state doing?

>Don't think I've ever had the
>first half of September in
>central CO be so quiet
>in the areas I hunt.
>I've hunted a total of
>10 days and have heard
>1 distant bugle. I've seen
>elk most everyday but no
>talking at all, not even
>the big groups of cows
>I've seen.
>
>How's the rest of the state
>doing?

I have been having a hard time in the NW as well. It has been quieter than any of the lat 5 years.... Hope it picks up some soon...

One bugle heard this past weekend in the NW and that was Sunday late Sunday afternoon. Now the previous weekend was another story, bulls were screaming like crazy for about an hour in the morning. Not sure what's up as there was frost on the ground Saturday morning with a half moon.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Don't worry boys they'll get more vocal each passing day now. And Friday b4 the first rifle they'll keep me awake all night bulgin outside my tent!

the 15th is usually the day we start hearing them heat up consistently. By the 20th they will be all going strong.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

We were in S. Colorado beginning started Monday nite (15th) and they were bugling for 2 hours non-stop. Also Tuesday morning a lot and Tues. evening. Then Wed they seemed to stop except for way after dark but not a whole lot. They were not responsive to come in to calls but were glad to answer back. Had on start to come in with a cow call and when I made a very non-aggressive bugle with my cow calls, I saw him decide he didn't want to check me out. Anyway, we think they were not in the peak rut yet as they just didn't see too interested other than to talk back.

Have been hunting unit 62 and have not heard a thing !! have seen elk but no sounds gonna hit hard the last 4 day of season hopefully there will be some action...

Was in unit 54 last week. All quiet except on private land at night. I was in and out of the wilderness area. No problems with other hunters but no bugles either.

In the portion of 76 we were hunting, the cows had no bulls with them, bulls were still grouped and no bugles were heard during our muzzy hunt. Very few elk were even seen. Our area is usually loaded with elk. I'm guessing most of the elk moved into the burn. No idea why the typical rut action was not in full swing. Definately a bummer.

Early, I will agree with you. Spent the first five days of the Colorado black powder season hunting in central unit 61. We did hear some bulging on the evening before the season opener on the 13th.....after that, hardly (almost NONE) any bulging going on. The rut was not happening and for the first time we had wood cutters to be in our area every day cutting dead trees...the noise of chain saws close by is not a good thing to a muzzle loader carrying hunter. The Aspen trees were green and they did start to turn the last two days we were in Colorado. One kill out of three cow hunters in our camp. Game was scarce in one of the best units in CO. The weather (summer weather) had something to do with the bulls not be vocal in my opinion. I will agree with every word that Early Riser scripted in his post earlier today. Cow Tag

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom