What unit with 8 NR points for Deer

robAK

Hey guys, just wanting your opinion for a quality hunt. Willing to hunt eith muzz and rifle. Looking for good access or resonable fees. Hunted in WY 2 yrs ago in unit 90 and it wasnt nearly what Eastman's described. Dont want to make the same mistake in UT.

Not looking for honey holes just your opinion of which unit(s)is worth these points from those who know. Thanks again.

I assume these are LE deer points. As such, you don't have great odds at any unit. You don't have enough for the bonus tag(s) on any unit, so you'll just be going for the random tag(s).

Best chances are ML Vernon or ML Oak Creek.

40788nr_le_deer.jpg

Eastmans hunt private ranches....with a bit of private mixed in. You need to get info from those that aren't selling info.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

You are ages and ages away from a guaranteed rifle tag in any unit. Sorry brother.

You do have a shot at a Muzzy tag on the Vernon, there is 1 Bonus tag for the top point holder. I just recommended another NR apply for it with 10NR points, but he may not do it. That will be your only good bet over the next few years for a deer tag in Utah.

You could also draw an archery tag for Vernon it looks like...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

You should look into muzzleloader hunts. You are a decade away from drawing a good rifle tag with point creep. I was a Utah resident up until a few years ago and now I am further from drawing a tag than I was five years ago.

Good luck.

>You are ages and ages away
>from a guaranteed rifle tag
>in any unit. Sorry brother.
>
>
>You do have a shot at
>a Muzzy tag on the
>Vernon, there is 1 Bonus
>tag for the top point
>holder. I just recommended another
>NR apply for it with
>10NR points, but he may
>not do it. That will
>be your only good bet
>over the next few years
>for a deer tag in
>Utah.
>
>You could also draw an archery
>tag for Vernon it looks
>like...
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

if their is only one non-resident tag I thought it was a random draw?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom