What would you do?

Tsho86

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-11 AT 00:02AM (MST)[p]I know i have thought of the "what if" situation in regards to coming accross two locked up bucks... so what would you do?
Is this ethical? Probably not.

let's just say the cordless sawsall has came in handy a time or 2.

My name is Black Velvet & proud of it.

It would be ethical if you have the ability to cut the surviving buck loose!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

If I had two buck tags I shoot them both. If I only have one buck tag not sure what I would do, probably try to get some help and free them and hunt them another day.

They're both gonna die regardless. Try and help them and you get the snot kicked out of you. Unfortunatley we don't get to see the rest but my bet would be the cameraman used his tag on the other one, either that or they called someone else with a tag. OR.... the one guy shot them both and went and bought his wife a tag. Which ever happened, I don't think taking one or both is an ethical issue depending on who actually shot the other buck. If they did it legal... theres no ethical issue here.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

You could do like this guy did-

He ended up with both of them...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

In my grandfathers den, there was a "dead head" mount in the corner of the ceiling, with 2 BIG locked bucks he had found and mounted. It was the coolest thing.

He died in '61 and I have no clue where that mount ended up......damn!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Not much you can do unless you have a saw with you and even then you have to be careful not to get gored or kicked.

Eldorado

I think it is ethical. The hope is that by shooting the one the other will be able to pull free. Did you not see the news clip video where the DNR in Illinois gave the hunter permission to shoot the second buck? I will try to post the link later.

It is too damn dangerous to wade in there with the buck still alive and kicking.

They weren't lock up but I once shot the 6x6 bull when it and a large 5x5 were having a long fight (gun).

Ya' shoulda' seen that 5x5 as he made his was back to the girls, "that's right....I'm bad! Ya' see that dude fall?"

He went on like that all the while I dressed his fallen enemy.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

can't download the viseo..but if locked up take your rifle shoot the horn off the live buck and tag the dead one if want...he'll taste like crap...

Like someone said earlier, they are going to die from starvation. Easier way to go if you ask me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom