What's the difference

zeddro

What's the difference between all of these guys?

Looking to book my first hunt and don't want to play with the middle man....

-Outfitter

vs

-Guide Service

thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 10:09PM (MST)[p]I don't know what you are talking about when you refer to someone as a "middle man" when using those two terms. When I think of a middle man I would say that is a booking agent who deals with a number of different outfitters and hooks you up with one he recommends depending on what you want. He then gets a percentage of the money you pay for the trip. If you want a fully guided or a drop camp, then you can also deal directly with an outfitter who provides the type of service you are looking for (lodge or cabins, tents, horseback hunt, etc.). The outfitter employs guides and you usually go 2 persons to a guide unless you want to pay extra to have a guide just for yourself. If you want to go on a semi-guided trip, you could look for a person who works for themselves and basically only provides the guiding service and you would provide your own lodging, food, etc. Outfitters and guides normally have to be licensed in the state they are doing business in and also have permits from the Feds to operate on Federal property in a specific area. I hope that helps a little as I'm just guessing at what you want to know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom