When Will Utah Post/E-Mail Draw Results?

Horniac

Very Active Member
Does anyone know when the draw results will come out?

People starting getting their credit cards hit as early as last Friday and I was lucky enough to get my credit card punched for a non-resident $1513 OIL hunt earlier this week.

I think I drew a Wasatch Mountain Goat with 9 points!
However, I am not sure as this was the 1st year that non-residents could apply for all the OIL species and I put in for all the other OIL species as well. To complicate matters, for the 1st time I put my 15 year old son's sheep apps on the same credit card as my apps so he might be the lucky one who drew a tag - possible but not probable with just one BP.

I hope we don't have to wait until the 30th to find out. The suspense is killing me...

Not sure why the Utah DWR implemented the change to let only the non-residents put in for all the OIL species - money perhaps? I feel for all the people who have built points over the years but aren't yet in the upper point tiers. The odds just got a whole lot worse for those hunters to draw an OIL tag.

Good luck to all!

Horniac

Horniac

As you stated, the results will be posted on line April 30. Typically in the past, the e-mails have been sent prior to the posting but either way, you will know come Thursday.

I really like Utah?s system in that anyone can draw at any time - even your son with only one point. However, I think that the non-residents are really getting screwed now that everyone can apply for everything. The non-resident odds are going to be real interesting this year.

Keep us posted on what tag you end up with. Any once-in-a-lifetime is a great tag to have!!

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

I was guessing that they would send them out last Friday but no email yet. As Scrill said, most likely in the next couple days.

Judging by the limited number of responses on the drawing, I'm hoping they have yet to hit many CC's yet. At least that's what I'm hoping for as my card has been quiet. Seems like last year lots of people started posting when they were getting hit.

>Judging by the limited number of
>responses on the drawing, I'm
>hoping they have yet to
>hit many CC's yet.
>At least that's what I'm
>hoping for as my card
>has been quiet. Seems
>like last year lots of
>people started posting when they
>were getting hit.

The fat lady has already sung, gave an encore, and walked out the back door already. It is over, for UT anyway. 6 more states to still dream about.

Unsuccessful and Unsuccessful in my two draws for Utah. Maybe next year if a lot of guys with lots of points die in the next year!! Come on, Death!!

Steve

Unbelievable. Drew a Wasatch archery elk tag with one point!!! Never been on the right side of that "somebody has to draw the tags" thing. I'm still in shock.

Well, I got my e-mail early this morning and I drew one of the non-resdident Wasatch Lone Peak Mountain Goat tags!

Time to order maps and start the serious research. I did a little research last week as I was pretty certain this was the tag I had drawn. Looks like I will be strapping on a pack frame for this hunt. I found a couple of internet sites that had trail info, photos, trail maps, tips on access, etc. so I have somewhat of a feel for what I am up against. Looks like 6000 vertical feet and a 12 mile round trip or so. I am turning 50 next month so I will need to take my conditioning to the next level. I am 10 hours from SLC so I plan on making a few scouting trips there this summer after the snows have melted to get a better feel for the country, access, animals, etc. After all, there is only so much you can learn from studying topo maps, google earth, etc. and the country seems to always be bigger than it looks on the map once you get there.

Good luck to everyone who drew tags and good luck to the rest of you guys on the future draws this spring and summer. Hope you all end up with a tag or two!

Horniac

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom