Where did the draw odds go?

flatdead

I have 15 points for deer this year. Just wanted to look at the normal DRAW ODDS page. It pulled up the utah division pages? On other site they want 24.95 a year to look at the page. Anyone know why or am I missing something?

The person who puts in the time and effort to promptly gather the odds from several Western states and then host the information online is looking to get fees for his efforts. I think that is fair and appreciate the free ride I had for so many years.

I have not been stumped yet this year as I applied in AZ and WY but am sure at some point I will sign up. I do get HF so may not need to sign up.

I dropped Eastmans after they had challenges last year with a couple of states. Somebody dropped the ball over there. NM was one of the states as I recall.

>The person who puts in the
>time and effort to promptly
>gather the odds from several
>Western states and then host
>the information online is looking
>to get fees for his
>efforts. I think that is
>fair and appreciate the free
>ride I had for so
>many years.
>
>I have not been stumped yet
>this year as I applied
>in AZ and WY but
>am sure at some point
>I will sign up. I
>do get HF so may
>not need to sign up.
>
>
>I dropped Eastmans after they had
>challenges last year with a
>couple of states. Somebody dropped
>the ball over there. NM
>was one of the states
>as I recall.

Makes sence. I also do my homework and knew about the dwr web pages. Just didnt know what happened. Now I do

Every state has the draw odds available on their website, free of charge. Wyoming included. Hunterstrailhead.com provides a service in gathering all this data, and providing it in a consistent format. It is worth the money, in my opinion, but if you only apply in one or two states it might not be. There are additional links and ratings on the HTH website that also add to the value.

This is the free market at work, which is a good thing, IMO.
Bill

Quick question, what is wrong with the draw odds at the to of the page we are looking at right now, it sends me to the right links? It seams to work fine to me, what am I missing?

>Quick question, what is wrong with
>the draw odds at the
>to of the page we
>are looking at right now,
>it sends me to the
>right links? It seams to
>work fine to me, what
>am I missing?

nothing

some people like the data in a % format rather than looking at the numbers and converting in their head. Having unit names/numbers is a benefit to some also.

>Quick question, what is wrong with
>the draw odds at the
>to of the page we
>are looking at right now,
>it sends me to the
>right links? It seams to
>work fine to me, what
>am I missing?

That works for utah. I apply for Idaho, why, col. nev, and mont. So it was easy to use the old sustem. Its still on other web pages, it is now 25.00 a year. Not a problem just didnt know where it wene and why. Its probaly a good thing maybe some people wont do the homework now it not free and easy and help me out.

>>Quick question, what is wrong with
>>the draw odds at the
>>to of the page we
>>are looking at right now,
>>it sends me to the
>>right links? It seams to
>>work fine to me, what
>>am I missing?
>
>
>That works for utah. I apply
>for Idaho, why, col. nev,
>and mont. So it was
>easy to use the old
>sustem. Its still on other
>web pages, it is now
>25.00 a year. Not a
>problem just didnt know where
>it wene and why. Its
>probaly a good thing maybe
>some people wont do the
>homework now it not free
>and easy and help me
>out.

Ok, now that I have looked no at some other sites I understand. I would rather have it harder anyway to make people work a little harder.
On side note, one thing that shocked me was that "UP 2" 10% of tags go to NR in Idaho total, not per unit. Some units will have 1 or 0 tags go to NR because the total already hit 10% for the state. So draw odds per unit in Idaho is not a perfect science.

Lol seriously? Ok I'm the new truth teller on here. If you have 18 points you have a chance if you don't. Who cares,, You probably won't draw If you beat the odds... Wich you probably won't I'm of course assuming your from Utah. Then guess what Utah or whichever stae will contact you by pony express or email. Other wise it doesn't matter!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom