Where to look

searcher

Someone may have asked a similar question already. I may be working in Denver for a couple of weeks and would like to know where I could drive to see some elk and mule deer. I may have access to a rental car - probably not an SUV so I can't get too far off the main roads but am willing to drive any NF road that is accessable in a car. Anywhere within a couple of hours of Denver. Don't really want to go to the Rocky Mtn National Park but if that is the best option I may try that. I was there a few years ago. Just want to see some wildlife in their natural environment. Thanks for any suggestions.

Take a drive up the Mount Evans wilderness area. You can go up to 14K and I have seen elk, deer, goats, and a few bighorn each time I go up there. Or take Little Bear Creek out of Evergreen up to the SWA and you should see some elk, bear, or turkeys.

Stop by the Rocky Mtn Arsenal and take a look. It sits between Denver and the Airport. Lots of giant bucks out there. You can't access the whole place, but you can see giants right off their short paved road or they may still do a bus tour. Go early.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom