Where Ya From?

T

Tresspass1

Some of You Guys and Gal's know im new to the site, and im just wondering where is everybody from, and how was your 2009 hunt pics, etc...

Thanks
T

I'm from the SF East Bay area country originally, 6 generations on both sides, but moved up to Chester, Ca about 25 years ago and don't hardly look back except for the occasional visit!

I live in the "C" zones. There 4 of them, C's 1,2,3,&4. a C-zone tag is good to go hunt in any or all of them provided the season is open. Used to be that there was lots of leftover tags for this area. Now, the hunting is not near as good yet you pretty much need to draw on your first choice or maybe 2nd, or you're outa luck...go figure.

I posted my Wy hunt in the Mule Deer Forum under "pic's of 87" but here's my year before this past season buck from C-1 zone. This buck was taken within 5 miles of I-5 and good bud from MM, Manny, pointed him out to me!

5015sagehornbrook_4x4_front.jpg

2721sage_hornbrook_4x4_side.jpg

Joey

nice buck, is that considered a california Blacktail? if so our blackies in the NW are midgets.

Actually, for record book purpose, all animals taken East of I-5 are considered the same as a mule deer. This buck looked pure Blacktail and no doubt that he was mostly blacktail but there is the occasional muley that can and does breed in the area so... anything taken East of I-5, even only 5 miles, is considered a Muley if you're trying to enter it in B & C record books.

That was a decent buck for the area, thank you, but not a toad by any means. There are much bigger pure blacktails that get taken out of the "A" and "B" zones every year!! Also, some of the cross bred bucks from all up and down the Cascade-Sierra range can be huge. Still though, it was the last weekend of the season and i very much appreciated having the excellent venison this mature buck provided.

Joey

I cant wait to hit the woods, and the sage brush to see what i can find! Thanks for the info

Hi! I'm born and raised in Auburn, between Sacto and Reno. Currently living in Auburn, with my daughter,(undergoing some health issues), but have been in Idaho for the past three years. I also spent a few years in Montana.
Love shooting deer and elk and have been rather successful. Got into hunting chukers and grouse while in Idaho and hoping to get back there real soon!
Nick

Janesville, a few miles south of Susanville. Moved here in 90. Have lived in Sac, Foresthill, Oreana Idaho and in the bush of Alaska. Love the area here, hate the politics! Will probably be relocating again in a couple of years.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

Sorry failed to mention that I'm from N. California - Tulelake but I live in S. Oregon now.

I also new and live in Sparks Nv. Also have a cabin at Lake Davis. Thinking of doing some spot and stalk bear hunting around there but don't know much about it. Used to deer hunt around walker mine many many years ago. (1958)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-10 AT 09:05AM (MST)[p]Norkal
I was living in Foresthill at the same time. Left in 92 and went to Montana for a few years and came back to Auburn in 96 and managed the bank in Foresthill til 2000, when it sold again!

Jazz,
Do you know Don Kirby there at Tule Lake?

I was born in Grass Valley and still have cousins there and one in Auburn...but the folks took me and left the area in 1943 for San Jose and then up to Healdsburg in 1946.
Santa Rosa is my home now.
Brian

2yy7c76.jpg

>I was born in Grass Valley
>and still have cousins there
>and one in Auburn...but the
>folks took me and left
>the area in 1943 for
>San Jose and then up
>to Healdsburg in 1946, by wagon train.....

Sorry Kilo, I couldn't help myself.

>>I was born in Grass Valley
>>and still have cousins there
>>and one in Auburn...but the
>>folks took me and left
>>the area in 1943 for
>>San Jose and then up
>>to Healdsburg in 1946, by wagon train.....
>
>
>Sorry Kilo, I couldn't help myself.
>

Was that the same wagon train people that ate each other????

Southern CA here, Orange County. Got a new knee replaced in lieu of deer hunting in '09.. Not a good trade I might add but one of those things you gotta do. Looking forward to this coming fall.

You could say I know him. Long time family friends since I was about 5. Don is a year older and his brother was in my class. Don's wife worked with me for several years and I will be seeing them tomorrow night in Tule at the Pheasants Forever dinner.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-10 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-10 AT 09:20?PM (MST)

Jazz
Tell the Kirby's "Hi" for me!
Me = Chris's father, from Weiser, Id, via Auburn, Ca. that is kickin the shet out of my health condition!
My son took over the lease on the old Pizza place in Merrill, that was held by the pro baseball pitcher that used to have the White Lake Club by east Lower Klamath.
Gawd! I hope that makes sense! LMAO!

tulelake.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUDGE! I'll have to try again on the photo!

I live in Humboldt County behind the Redwood curtain. We keep hearing about those new fangled stores called Wal-Mart, but we've never been to one or seen one. The closest one is about 80 miles (a 2 day drive). We still order eggs out of our Sears catalog.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I'm in the desert of Southern Cal........La Quinta.....in big ol' Riverside County.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I will see them all tonight so I will. The ex "pitcher" was Kevin Gross so it makes sense.

Good luck on the picture.

Come on now! Bakersfield is beautiful. Actually I went to college at State and the JC each for one year. I did enjoy the sunshine at the time and believe it or not there was a few pretty hot little gals running around. Oldest brother works near there and lives in Tehachapi (?) I never can remember how to spell that one.

God's Country, Humboldt County California. All the hunting and fishing I can handle right outside my door.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Etna (scott valley) calif.
Trinity Alps, Marble Mt. and Russian wilderness just out the back door. Pretty nice country. :)

Besides 4 years in college and a couple years in San Diego, I have lived in the Eastern Sierra's. The Mammoth Lakes area is where I was brought up and now raise my family.

I'm south of Yort40, north of Nickman, East of Kilo, And west of Fatrooster. If you can't figure it out , I live in the nations deepest valley. Want some more clues? I live in the second largest, second least populated county in the state. Any clues yet? If you said the Owens Valley, and Bishop, you were red hot. Thanks, Doug.

we're from north califonia and south alabam and little towns all around this land. lol.. couldnt resist. Im from Yreka, way up north on the oregon border, lived there for 26 years and now live in Colorado

He did but he didn't win and if you recall I did last year. Second place is worth "O". Besides I was only off about 2" and I won a pretty nice 300WSM and Leupold. Smoke! But then he won a gun and gun safe at KF MDF dinner. Then a gun and the 50-50 at Pheasants Forever but I won 2 guns there. Did you know he was my cousin?

Yeah I did, but I just always watch what I say up there since everyone's cousins! hahaha I was up there two weekends ago for the Wright/Lyman wedding. Ran into Bob, got him started on the red wine this time, turn the tables on him!

I live in Palmdale. Fishing, hunting, San Diego Chargers, and family are my top favorites. My Dad is ARCHERYBUG, he referred me to MM. Just joined the other day. Looking forward to the upcoming seasons. Good luck everyone.

Sylmar, CA northeast San Fernando Valley. Hunting D11 all my life. Do a lot of fishing round here too.

Redlands. Hunt D14 mostly and G6, X9 when I get lucky. Used to bowhunt the A31 until they chopped off Jan from the season.

~Jesse

Sourkraut,
welcome to MM and good to know another local in this area. That makes 4 or 5 now in Sonoma County.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-10 AT 06:41PM (MST)[p]Crescent City for some years, now hanging in the big city of Standish Ca, east of Susanville.

Hey Jazz I know you know of a guy from there that I work with and have for years.. Kinda reminds ya of a Yosemite Sam type of fella especially when hes been to the Homestead with the Baily boys. His ole man was Big E and he goes by Little E....

Blacktailslayer...small world!!! I know those boys you speak of and hows that canada mule taste LOL

Not sure who the Big E or Little E is? Likely know who it is though but that one escapes me.

>Madrid

Yes I know them but not as well as I used to. Big E must be the Ernie that I knew? Don't know Little E at all. The Baley boys I do know quite well - 2nd Cousins all of them.

Shedhunter64

whats going on? you change names on here faster than I change my underwear!! Once or twice a year...

That canadian mule deer tastes better than his horns turned out!

I'm sorry you you know those names I speak of...rough lot!!

Hey Ryan Ive changed so many times cause i forget the damn passwords or the e-mail doesnt work right.. I guess i should start written this crap down so I dont forget them. Ya that lot up there is a little rough around the edges but good people no doubt. Done some fishin with bob and the rest on the smith and did some drinkin in tule with them. Kinda funny how small the world really is, but like minded people usually cross paths eventually.
Where ya going this year for deer?? Ive got apps in for Montana and Wyoming and almost have enough points for X-2 so well see about mabe a mule trifecta (Fingers crossed)
Ill be a t redbluff roundup fri/sat/sun if we cross paths ill buy ya a beer!!

Well you know him then cause him and bob are tight and went to school together.Big E was his dad who past away last year. Good people all of them and great to see when I get up there in the basin. Tell Bob if i get the x-2 tag im going to swoop in on his honey holes and smoke a pig out of one of them... LOL (just jokin)

>Hey Ryan Ive changed so many
>times cause i forget the
>damn passwords or the e-mail
>doesnt work right.. I guess
>i should start written this
>crap down so I dont
>forget them. Ya that lot
>up there is a little
>rough around the edges but
>good people no doubt. Done
>some fishin with bob and
>the rest on the smith
>and did some drinkin in
>tule with them. Kinda funny
>how small the world really
>is, but like minded people
>usually cross paths eventually.
>Where ya going this year for
>deer?? Ive got apps in
>for Montana and Wyoming and
>almost have enough points for
>X-2 so well see about
>mabe a mule trifecta (Fingers
>crossed)
>Ill be a t redbluff roundup
>fri/sat/sun if we cross paths
>ill buy ya a beer!!
>

Sorry I'm drawing X2 this year so your out. Anyway I did not know that Sr. had passed away. Which one was in Susanville working at the prison?

sent you a PM Jazz dont want to take over the thread any more than we have too.

Yeah, small world for sure...
Well, got apps for points in oregon and colorado for elk and deer. I don't think we're going to Idaho this year for whitetails, gonna save up for next year when we get drawn for smokepole elk in CO. maybe go down to arizona for a january cous archery hunt, its pretty fun and over the counter.

Yeah, I'll be at the rodeo sat/sun. south end of the arena 2nd row. and sure I'll let you buy me a beer!

San Diego, been hunting D16 last 3 years after a very long hunting haitus. Tough unit to hunt but love every minute of it. Looking to try out of State but can't decide where to make my out of State hunting grounds?

Born in Eureka and graduated high school in Weaverville. I have been in Colorado for ten years now. Sure miss hunting Blacktails with my buds on South Fork!

Iam from marysville, or zone d-3. the worst city in the united states . Born and raised here.

HeyKen good to see ya on this site.. youll learn alot once you wade through the bullshit LOL

Grew up and went to High school in Bishop. Now living in Las Vegas NV
Dave

"Do you like Apples ? Well I got her
number, How do you like those Apples !

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-11 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]Kilowatt, I didn't know I had a wealth of knowledge so close. I'm by Sourkraut as well down in here in Sonoma County.

Welcome 300Short....maybe one of these days we will meet up somewhere around here. House of Guns is GONE but another opened up just east of there on the corner of Piner & Range Ave I believe it is called.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Oakdale is home now, grew up in Escalon. Last years hunt was beyond words Desert Bignorn Sheep tag, check out my story in california forum.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom