Which .243 Non-Lead Ammo

Bow6x6

My son turns 12 next summer and will be able to hunt Deer here in CA. In case you haven't heard, the lead ban goes statewide starting in 2019. I would like to start my son off with a .243 that I already own (not looking to buy a new gun) but I have no idea about which non-lead ammo to try. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had great success with Barnes ttsx copper bullets. I don't own a .243 but they have shot well in all of my guns. If you are changing bullets, make sure you clean your gun well before you start using a different projectile. Copper bullets also require a really good cleaning after using them a bit.
Best of luck to your boy. If you can, take him out rock busting so he can get used to shooting at different angles, distances, and positions, just like hunting. I did that with my son and it was really fun practice.

I used to work for Barnes and my son had the privilege of killing the first animal (prong horn) ever with an 80 gr TTSX out of a .243. I can tell you it is one nasty little bullet. I don't work for Barnes anymore and have no allegiance to them but I can testify that that little bullet at 3300 fps is brutal!

they're wicked in 257 too........makes my roberts a killer

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom