Which jig

If you have the money to make a once in a lifetime purchase then buy a Blitzenburger. They cost around 60-70 bucks I think. If not then Bohing makes some really good ones. I believe they sell both the different helical fletching attachments for the jig.
WVBOWAK

Thanks for your input. I've heard everyone say bitzenburg, but what is so special about them. Also how difficult are they to use?

If you are using 2" vanes I would go with the new AZ Easy Fletch Mini. It puts a wicked helical on them that you can't get with any other jig including the bitz!

Check out my blog for more hunting stories, pics and videos.
www.sneekfreaktv.com

I have the bitz and like it a lot. The adjustability is what makes them nice. They give me plenty of helical on my blazers but if you're only fletching blazers the az mini will be faster.

I'm with KO, the AZ E-Z Fletch is a great tool. I have two and a Bitz. When I'm doing feathers that curl up I use the Bitz as it holds them more accurately. For vanes the E-Z Fletch is very good and very fast. For any sort of hunting situation the E-Z Fletch is the most efficient tool available. Once you learn how to use it they are incredibly fast, consistant and accurate.

http://ezfletch.com/

Cheers,
Pete

>Thanks for your input. I've
>heard everyone say bitzenburg, but
>what is so special about
>them. Also how difficult
>are they to use?
>

First off they are made in the USA, (last I checked). Secondly they are extremely well constructed. There is quite a bit of adjustability to them, you can lay out how you want the fletchings to be on the shaft: you can put max helical twist on it to just a few degrees of off set. I got mine maxed out on the twist it has, if you look down the shaft from the nock it looks like a boat propeller, I have that much twist on my 4" vanes. Basically it is like having a set if reloading equipment for a rifle, only modified to customize arrows. If you need to see how it works my suggestion is go on YouTube, I have seen countless videos dealing with fletching arrows. Have fun shopping.
WVBOWAK

Another vote for the AZ EZ Fletch. My Bitz has been gathering dust since I got one. Much easier to use and better results too. More helical and better adhesion.

My wife originally bought me an AZ EZ-Fletch for Christmas one year. I opened the package and tried to mock fit everything together and see how it works, I just couldn't get it to work for me. So I took it back and with some money I got from my folks for Christmas I got my Bitz. I am glad that you all were able to get it to work for you, but for me....well I don't know what to say. Glad you are happy with them.
WVBOWAK

>My wife originally bought me an
>AZ EZ-Fletch for Christmas one
>year. I opened the
>package and tried to mock
>fit everything together and see
>how it works, I just
>couldn't get it to work
>for me. So I
>took it back and with
>some money I got from
>my folks for Christmas I
>got my Bitz. I
>am glad that you all
>were able to get it
>to work for you, but
>for me....well I don't know
>what to say. Glad you
>are happy with them.

You must have got a bad one because thay are about the easiest jig to use out there. I love mine. Get the mini for blazers and you won't be sorry.
>WVBOWAK

I do arows that are wrpped, no problem at all. I've never used the full sized one, but the mini is pretty much fool proof.

I was always turned away by the price of a Bitz but after going though a graylling and a AAE EZ Fletch i broke down and bought one. I wish know I would have got it fro, the start. Great tool and it should last forever.

The Bitz is where it's at for me. I make anywhere from 4-8 dozen arrows a year, sometimes more, and it has never let me down.

+1 on the Bitz. They work great for all shaft diameters and all types of fletching. Get one and you won't regret it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom