whisker biscuit question

dslaughter

I switched to the whisker biscuit last year and I'm really happy with my accuracy and its ease of use but I haven't had the opportunity to hunt with it yet. This year I will be spot and stalk mule deer hunting with it. Has anyone had any bad experience with the whisker biscuit while hunting with it? Have you ever had an animal hear you draw? It seems to make a good bit of noise when I draw my bow, not alot but I notice it. Is there any way to silence it?
thanks,
ds

I know several people that spray it with a little WD-40 to quiet it down, also a little spray to the fletching helps the life of them also from getting wrinkled or torn which is common with using a whisker biscut.

First off, no I have never had any problems while hunting with a wisker bisket. I have been hunting with one for... well I'm not sure but ever sence they hit the market. As far as the noise goes it shouldn't make any. Have you taken it to a pro-shop and have them tune it. If it's not square to the arrow it can make noise. I have found that if your vanes get wrinkled just dip them in boiling water for a few seconds and they'll be good as new. Good luck.

>I switched to the whisker biscuit
>last year and I'm really
>happy with my accuracy and
>its ease of use but
>I haven't had the opportunity
>to hunt with it yet.
> This year I will
>be spot and stalk mule
>deer hunting with it.
>Has anyone had any bad
>experience with the whisker biscuit
>while hunting with it?
>Have you ever had an
>animal hear you draw?
>It seems to make a
>good bit of noise when
>I draw my bow, not
>alot but I notice it.
> Is there any way
>to silence it?
>thanks,
>ds

I put one on my wifes bow last year because she (being new to bowhunting) couldnt draw her bow without the arrow falling off. To reduce frustration on her I stuck on a WB. Overall I was pretty impressed with it and no, i didnt notice any unusual noise from it when she drew it back.

-DallanC

I've shot with a biscuit for the last year and hunted hogs with it. For close in shooting, I don't think it can be topped. The complete containment of the arrow is outstanding, particuarly for hunting from a treestand or blind. I've never had any issues with the noise of Gold Tips through it. I hunt with two bows (bowtech allegiances), one for spot and stalk hunting and one for stand hunting around water holes. For the stand hunting, or any hunting out to 40yds or so, the biscuit is first rate. For longer shooting, I've become acutely aware of how much more sensitive the rest is to slight changes in form/follow through. I think it is capable of as much accuracy--I just can't shoot as good of groups all the time when compared to a drop away or fingers. As a result, for my spot and stalk hunting, I use a bow with a drop away because I am getting more consistent accuracy beyond 40 yds. If you think you are not going to be shooting farther, or your form is more consistent, it may well be the perfect rest for you! I'd love to see someone with a mechanical shooter test the biscuit at long range and compare accuracy to other rests.

I have used the WB for three years now. I love it for spot and stalk hunting. You never have to worry about your arrow falling of the rest. Under fences, through thick brush or crawling on the ground it perfect. I have harvested game with it and have never noticed any excessive noise. Just make sure yo add a little extra drop of glue to the end of your fletchings to stop them from coming loose.

buckmstr

I'D LIKE TO MARRY MINE. I NOTICE NO NOISE, I USE THE LARGE SIZE
WITH FAIRLY THIN CARBONS THAT HAVE ROOM TO MOVE. THE ARROW AT FULL DRAW ALWAYS SETS IN THE SAME SPOT AND WITH ROOM TO MOVE IT ALLOWS FOR NOT SO PERFECT FORM. IT SEEMS TO SHOOT GREAT TO 70YDS
AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FLETCHINGS COMING OFF.I JUST DON'T LIKE HOW A SMALLER HOLE RESTRICTS MY ARROW SO MUCH.

I was using the larger diameter version. I paper tuned my bow and that helped some. Then I put a small piece of mole skin directly under the arrow and its whisper quiet now (with no affect on accuracy). Thanks for the responses!

I've noticed on my WB that the whiskers get somewhat tangled. Is this something I should be concerned with or should I just trust that the arrows will fly true each and every time??

CAnAZbwhnter

I have the same problem. I went to Sportsman's Warehouse yesturday and they said that should be happening unless you shoot everday. They took some measurements of the shaft from the wall of the bow at two different places. It was of by 3/16''. I put a new replacement on and they helped me paper tune it and make sure all the measuments were accurate.

WIDOW_MAKER

Widow Maker- Thanks for the insight. THats good to know. I will have to take it down to Archery HQs today and see if they can help me out with this. By the way, I feel like an idiot for asking this but what does PAPER TUNE mean? I have heard a lot of the guys mention that in here. Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom