Whiteout speedgoats

J

JohnColter

These are from our opening day hunt in central MT. A little weather as you can see. Very tough hunting, all the goats were herded up for winter! Finally got on a herd of at least 70 animals and dropped my buck with 1 shot at 300 yards from my 300 wsm. Managed to get back on the herd and my buddy got another buck at 200 yards. There were bigger bucks in there (2 bigger than the one I shot) but they were smack in the middle of the herd and no shots, we had to pick 'em off the edges. My buck was nice and wide w/ good mass and cutters, pretty decent buck for the area I hunt which is not known for monsters.

001.jpg

023.jpg

010.jpg

025.jpg

COOL pics...literally! Guess you didn't have to worry much about spoilage.

Nice bucks, congrats!

Nice antelope. What part of MT were you in? I leave on the morning for my hunt. I will be around Winnett. I hope the snow is gone.

I got cold just looking at them , man that is wild. Here in NM during our speedster seasons it's hot and can get in the 90s' at times. Antelope hunts are my favorite , but in the snow???? Man congrats to you guys , sounds like you were pretty well tested in the hut , that is some serious snow for this early isn't it??? Again congrats and thanks for sharing it....NM

Thanks, ya it is pretty serious weather for this early. Worst I've seen in about fifteen years of hunting this area. Usually during our archery season you can count on a few 90 degree days but usually by rifle season it's a little frosty, sometimes get an inch or two of snow but not usually. It turns into a totally different game when it gets like that!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom