Whitetails in Unit 51?

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
I heard rumor that Whitetails run in the creekbottoms in the Little Lost River, wondering if anyone can confirm. Going over to help son find a bull and thought I'd buy my WT tag now, before our usual Thanksgiving trip up north.

don't know if this will help, but we have seen a few, including a couple of dandy bucks. bad news is, all have been on the pancheri place- i think that is the big ranch there between sand and buck/bird. i would guess there ought to be WT's all along the river, tho. but i am certainly no expert on those rascals.
good luck!

We have seen a few does along the river bottoms and a few in the foothills. I haven't seen any decent or big bucks but I don't doubt they're there somewhere. We are there some years during mule deer season though and not during th whitetail rut so I would imagine you would see more now than in November.

Good luck I hope you get a big one!

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

There are a number of whitetails along the little lost but most on are private land. There is an odd chance you could find a nice whitetail buck on public land but odds are not very good.

They run that whole Pashemori Valley from May to Howe. They are thick as thieves up there. I have seen a lot of whitetail come out of there in the last several years. Plenty along the dry creek bottoms on public ground in the Patterson area south.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom