Wifes Northern Utah lion

H

Hos1

My wife killed this lion this past week.Shes going to get a full body mount done and was wondering if some of you might have some full body mount lion pics you might share with us. Thanks

9558img_0431.jpg

Nice Picture!!

(you were just missing the "pg" of the ".jpg" at the end of your link)

Go to Phil Sousy's site for some good photos of full body mounts. He has some good ideas. I strongly recommend you find a very reputable cat taxidermist. I have seen more bad lion mounts than any other animal. Very difficult to get a realistic look on the face.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-12 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]Congrats x100 to your wife. I agree with the above comments about finding a taxi that is good at cats. Many taxi's are good at deer and elk, but cats are a whole different ballgame. In my experience cats either look right, or look totally wrong. There is no in between. I chose to go with Travis Roundy to mount my lion. He is in Glendale Ut, about 40 miles south of Panguich. Long drive, but if I am going to look at this mount for the next 50 years, I think the gas money is worth the expert finished product.

}}-SLIVER-->

Congrats to your wife on a great looking cat. Still onmy list down the road. Agree with the above posts. Not everyone does cats and are good at them.

Awesome! Congrats on the cat for you guys! I hope to have a pic similar to this one very soon, my wife also drew this year.

Totally agree with the other advise on a cat taxidermist. There is very little wiggle room with cat taxidermy. You either nail it, or it just looks flat out WRONG!

I was lucky enough to harvest a great cat 2 years ago and went with Stephan Woolstenhulme in Coalville, UT. I could not be happier. Great work, awesome turn around, best price I could find, and a heck of a nice guy to deal with. I will be taking my wife's future tom to him without hesitation!

I will post up some pics later when I have a minute. Congrats again!

Sliverslinger400

Stephan Woolstenhulme
Summit Taxidermy
435-400-2151

Stephan did my lion too, I posted in here on MM a few years ago and guys were blown away by the quality.

Call him up, you can't go wrong. Best dude around.

If you want pics of mine send me a PM with you cell number and I'll hook you up. I was adamant about getting a good job, and was actually going to have Dewey do mine, but Stephan assured me he could do as good or better than Dewey/Coucy, and he did.

9441photo1.jpg

3537photo2.jpg

As promised, here are a couple of quick cell phone pics of my cat. Stephan helped me create a one of a kind piece of art! He is one talented dude! He has my 2012 LE archery bull and will hopefully get another cat from my wife here in the next few weeks! Now i just need a bigger house!
Sliverslinger400

From the hunt to the mounts, these are some of the coolest pics I've ever seen. Much congrats to all.

Congrats to your wife! Here are some pictures of the latest of the three lions Phil Soucy has mounted for me. There are a few other guys that can do good on cats, but in my opinion probably less than a handful can match Phil. Do your research, and remember that you usually get what you pay for.

Thank you all for the comments and pictures, them are all very nice mounts.Shes sure excited to get it done.

The nose on that lion looks as red as my hounds after a long day of cold trailing in the dirt. Lol.

here are a few we have recently sent out that maybe can help you decide. very nice cat. agreed if you can afford it Soucy does a great cat, congratulations to your wife.
Curtis Wilson
2078lion.jpg

3502lion_3.jpg

here is one that is drying in the shop. one of my favorite poses
3184lion_4.jpg

http://monarchtaxidermy.com/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom