Will it work?

Buckhunter1

Just a thought I get every year after the negative draw results. I'm a couple years from retirement, so why not tow a little travel trailer to any one of the western states where Ive a ton of non-resi points place residency for 6 months and a day (yes I will stay there most of the time)and cherry pick the hunts as a resident? After Im done with my almost MAX points in say Arizona Ill move to the next state and burn all my points there.I think it could work, I just have to convince the old lady. BH1

because residents don't always have the best results/odds anyway it would be a waste of time, ask how long have residents in AZ or NV been applying for a deer or antelope and sometimes elk tag and not drawn one, or even in UT or CO...

would have better luck driving around pick a state and doing OTC or general hunts.

You would also want to know how the taxes are in these states if you continue to have income of some sort. Not sure if that would be a factor or not.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Your right nochack, but that is the exception when non-resi odds are better than a residents.I wouldnt look at the extreme tags anyways,like Henries deer or early rifle elk in unit 9 AZ or any of the sheep permits, but I know for a fact that CO unit 61 deer and elk I could draw right now with my points if I was living there. BH1

don't listen to these pessimistic naysayers just do what you want and if that is hunting big bucks out of a trailer then go ahead and fulfill your dreams.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Heck, I moved so I can apply for everything in Ut next year...after a few years I will move back and have all kinds of points to play with.

while Im at it, establish residence in WY and then invite all my friends to come hunt the primative area's. If you can't beat the system go around it. Alaska will be next, get everyone a brown bear and sheep, then move back to UT and fill all my tags Ive built points for.

idaho you have to show 2 forms of residency rental agreement, phone bill, for 6 months. alot of people try beating the system. I could have hunted colorado and idaho the same year, i was technically still in the military but i was on terminal leave in idaho...it wasnt worth the risk of being branded a poacher. By the way i shot my first buck in idaho that year. I coulda had alot bigger buck in colorado.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

For the most part it should work and Arizona has the lifetime hunting license perk that would be a big bonus.

i would think so but would non res points turn into res points? ive actually thought of that same thing, ther than im no where near retirement just thought of what would happen if someone did that haha
i say give it a shot!

Living out of a "small travel trailer" for six months? I would rather take my chances on not getting an elk tag.

Keep applying and be patient. Your time will come.

Shhhhh,I should be quiet or somebody will tell Harry "We iost the war Reed" about my plans to beat the system and he will come up with a bill to thwart all us lowly non-resi wanna be buck hunters!! OH MY GOSH, I am really bummed I HAVE TO HUNT OVER THE COUNTER AGAIN THIS YEAR.. BH1

Live out of a trailer for 6 months, why the heck not? If you can talk your old lady as you say into that arrangement then youve got one heck of an "old lady". Good luck hombre.