Willy Nelson/ save wild horses.

Tomichi

On XM 12 tonight I heard you can down load a ?wild horse? song by Willy
And all the $$ will go to save the wild horses? Guess he must have got educated, all about resource
management by Bobby Red and Hanoi Jane when they made that movie.

The BLM is taking Comments through March 30 write to [email protected] with ?Comments on Strategy? in the subject line.
It is not a harmless drug.

Maybe in TARDville We could have a Wild Horse Hunt too?:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

>Maybe in TARDville We could have
>a Wild Horse Hunt too?:D
>
>
>I don't care if they're big
>or small!
>If they throw lead I like
>em all!
>

Think how great that stud would look on a wall. If there were a season, i'd hunt um. Our herd just keeps growing and now we are seeing domestic horse mingling with the wild oncpes that people have abandoned.

What do ya think a West Desert Mustang Conservation Tag would bring in???

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

willie just lost a load of fans.
maybe before he spouts off and does stupid things like this he should see the true facts. as you guys know the mustang is at no threat of extinction. they certainly dont need saving . i am so dissappointed in willie.

My grandpa told me once that horse leather makes great gloves and that was how the "wild horse" population was managed in the 40's and 50's. There were horse hunters who would take a number of animals out of an area and they would take the meat to dog food factories, and sell the hides to make gloves.

Sounds good to me.

They need to do to them feral horses what they're doing to the mule deer on the islands off the Cali coast!

I'll be keeping and playing my W Neslon music though!

Joey

>My grandpa told me once that
>horse leather makes great gloves
>and that was how the
>"wild horse" population was managed
>in the 40's and 50's.
> There were horse hunters
>who would take a number
>of animals out of an
>area and they would take
>the meat to dog food
>factories, and sell the hides
>to make gloves.
>
>Sounds good to me.

In fact the gloves that the 82nd and 101st Airborne guys used in WW II used were horsehide, held up better than cowhide.
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 10:41?AM (MST)

do people not eat horses because they taste bad or is it hard for people to eat an animal they have an emotional connection with.

I would bet they would taste better then antelope and probably taste closer to beef. Id give it a go if they were legal.

Hey what do you know he flew for the 101st!! He was a tall 17 year old kid that got his pilots license at 14 flying a crop duster. Joined and lied about his age then flew 2 tours, yep 2 tours and didn't get shot up or nothin'!

The French were some of our biggest purchasers of horse meat, until they closed off sales. It is actually pretty good, and that which I have eaten in Kazahkstan was prepared well for banquets. Beats the heck out of mountain goat!!!!!!!!

I ate horse in Japan. It's a big festival down in the southern part of the country. Had it both cooked and raw. I liked it better raw, they had some sauce they put on it that was awesome!! First time I ate it I thought it was really red colored tuna, cause they serve it sushi style.

Pretty sure Willie and his manager don't care too much what WE think about the feral horse population. It would NOT be in his best economic interest to take a stand against the "symbol of the West".

They eat horse meat in France and other Euro countries.

In the USA, it is illegal...in most cases.. to sell horses, feral or otherwise, for food, hides, fertilizer or glue, anymore.

Not too many years ago, "horse" was a huge business in animal feed, meat export, and leather goods. The greenies stopped that industry also.

When you look at the big picture....more (voting) Americans prefer the "majestic wild horse" over range cattle, elk or whatever else they might be in conflict with. Same as wolves, mountain lions and any bandwagon the nature fakers want to promote.

They have far more money, lawyers, politicians and media coverage, than the rest of us..... and WAY less common sense.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

>Hey what do you know he
>flew for the 101st!!
>He was a tall 17
>year old kid that got
>his pilots license at 14
>flying a crop duster.
>Joined and lied about his
>age then flew 2 tours,
>yep 2 tours and didn't
>get shot up or nothin'!
>

Did he fly gliders or was he Army Air Corp flying C-47's. If he fly gliders he had testicles the size of an elephant. Flying something that was basically designed to do a controlled crash, kinda scary.
WVBOWAK

I like some of his music and I feel there is nothing wrong with partaking once in a while but we don't see eye to eye here. Kill them wild horses. They have as much place in our ecosystem as wild dogs. Let's make some glue.

JR

>Horse damn sure don't taste better
>than antelope. mtmuley

...........but it's damn sure better than sushi!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

The first time I saw a wild horse it was in Nevada south east of Reno. I guess I'm sentimental to the old west and thought it was pretty cool this animal is not corralled like all of us are today, running free. We can no longer work our forebearers land and pass it down generation to generation without either generating enough money in goods or services or getting another job to pay property taxes. Import duties use to be the primary source of taxes. Not anymore. I don't think the horse population should be allowed to affect domestic livestock or game to a large degree though. I don't like wild burros. Raised on westerns I guess. I like wild horses more than illegals growing pot on forest land and we're not doing anything to get rid of them.

Nevada would be a damn good place to send these wolves, so Willie and his greenie buddies can go and see them both in the same place! Neither are being manage as it was agreed, so maybe they can manage each other. There is nothing harder on range than a horse.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom