Winch for ATV

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Looking for advice on a winch for my quad. I won't be using it very often so I don't want to spend a lot of $$ but want something reliable for when I do need it. I've seen them priced anywhere from $150 with the mount included to $600 for a Warn. What do you have on your quad? Advice? Thanks guys.

M'Balz Es Hari

A quad will not generally attract a wench ....of any quality.
Better to go with a Vette or a Beemer.

Otherwise, the $125.00 one I got from Sportsman's Warehouse works fine.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Thanks Nickman....I want to hear more of those responses. :) I'm guessing I'll need to buy a mounting kit specifically for my quad as well?

M'Balz Es Hari

"I'm guessing I'll need to buy a mounting kit specifically for my quad as well?"

You can usually mount up quad wenches without any special effort... The beamer wenches are very high maintenance though and require accessories to get them to perform properly.... Terry

I have a Polaris ranger. Polaris wants $799.00 for kit with all brackets, 4500 lb. winch, hardware and misc. I got the part number and purchased a new in the box kit delivered to my house for $384.00 off ebay....

JUDAS Wisz!

JFP!!!

Forget the Winch!

Take the PUSSSSYY Tires off & Install some ITP XTR Mud Lites on the Wheeler!

1-1/4"+ Tread Depth!

They'll probably wear most Wheelers out!

These are Tires for Men Wisz!

When you can't go no further with Both Front & Rear Differentials Locked with these ITP's,just turn around,back out,your done.................unless you wanna Dink around with a Winch!

2574itp.jpg

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

I have a 1500 pound winch on my Big Bear. It is too weak, get the biggest pull weight you can afford.

I reall LMAO at Guys putting Winches on ATV's!

Outside a Snow Plow Application think about it!

For GAWDS Sake!

Have you looked at the size of your ATV Batttery?

Like BeanMan said:Get a Big Winch!

But,the size of the Battery & the Charging system is just not built to Run BIG Winches!

What does Wisz think He's gonna do with His Winch?

Hoist an Elk out of a Hell Hole with 3 miles of Cable?

Cheese-n-rice, BESS!

A winch is nice for being able to pull a jetski out of the water on the shore or pulling a big old toad of a buck up a mountain after throwing an arrow through it's heart at 110 yards! How about pulling a downed oak into a spot that makes it possible to cut it up for BBQ wood. We're not all manly men as you are.

Or maybe I'll just wrap it around your waist when I gotta get my wife out of your sleazy death grip? :)

M'Balz Es Hari

Don't woory about Ms Wisz so much!

I'll take Good care of Her & Never Ever Hurt the Lady!

They don't Winch Animals or Pull Firewood in with Wheelers!

They Destroy Mother Earth by Blazing New Trails Right to where they wanna go Wisz!

Just sayin Wisz.........................

I see & hear all these TARDS claiming how they're gonna tear the World in half with their ATV Winches,think once again about the Charging system on ATV's & the Size of your ATV Battery!

Next thing you know,Wisz will be Installing 2 Full size Truck Batteries on his Brute!

I've Run Winches on Jeeps & other Rigs Wisz,One Battery doesn't cut it & even with a 60 Amp Alternator I can Run the Battery down fairly Quick!

Let's just say most Winches on ATV's are basically PISSCUTTER Winches!

I think the best use of my winch has been for holding my quad up tight against the trailer.
Also, simply knowing you have it when you might need it, makes me feel more secure when in unfamiliar territory........kinda like the 9mm I keep in my pocket......I have never used it for an emergency, but it is comforting to know it is there.

Also good for pulling up those obnoxious Forest Service signs that block so many good trails nowadays .....LOL! .........Bessie, launch your tirade when ready.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

I bought a 2500 Superwinch at Cabelas for +/- $200 and the mounting plate, specific to my quad, was another $60, or so.

It's more cool than my other 2 winches since this new one has a 12' cable for remote operation.... along with the usual handlebar mount switch.

I don't think you need to break the bank to get a quality winch.

Mine is used to hang deer and elk quarters, secure the quad in transit, added security when you need to get the quads off that high over-bed rack in the truck.

Zeke

PS: DO NOT MOUNT THE PLATE ON A HONDA BEFORE YOU NEED TO READ THE VIN#. (I had to remove the whole damn thing to have the VIN checked out by the police... since my title was wrong!) It's all good now!

>I think the best use of
>my winch has been for
>holding my quad up tight
>against the trailer.
>Also, simply knowing you have it
>when you might need it,
>makes me feel more secure
>when in unfamiliar territory........kinda like
>the 9mm I keep in
>my pocket......I have never used
>it for an emergency, but
>it is comforting to know
>it is there.
>
>Also good for pulling up those
>obnoxious Forest Service signs that
>block so many good trails
>nowadays .....LOL! .........Bessie, launch your
>tirade when ready.
>
> "Being an idiot is NOT
>an art form. Give it
>up!"

Well Hell Nicky!

I forgot about that!

They are Strong enough to pull a FLIMSY FiberGlass paper thin sign out the Forest Service put up to keep people out!

Kinda reminds me of the Ethical Law Breakin Quad Queer I seen a couple years ago!

I'm glassin through My Spotter at 800 yards away!

I see a Quad Queer a good 8 miles in to Closed Territory on his Quad!

He pulls up to one of those FLIMSY Signs,Looks all around,pulls the Sign out & heads in even further in to CLOSED Territory!

About an Hour later here He comes,Stops,gets off & puts the sign back up!

And that there is why I call him an Ethical Law Breakin Beach!

I like and use quads but I hate those kind of quad queers!!!!!!!!

Evidently he thought the closed road only applied to other people..... jerk!

Hey elkass, where was your LR rifle? It's a great time to check out your effective range... on guys like that!

(hey, for all you guys who think I'm actually advocating shooting the guy, I'M KIDDING... maybe)

Zeke

>I like and use quads but
>I hate those kind of
>quad queers!!!!!!!!
>
>Evidently he thought the closed road
>only applied to other people.....
>jerk!
>
>Hey elkass, where was your LR
>rifle? It's a great time
>to check out your effective
>range... on guys like that!
>
>
>(hey, for all you guys who
>think I'm actually advocating shooting
>the guy, I'M KIDDING...
>maybe)
>
>Zeke

Well Zeke!

Other than to Lift a Post & Replace a Post The LAZY BASTARD Never got away from his Quad!

He knows Damn Well somebody will Tune It!

Hollier than Though kinda BS!

Yup, That's the kinda guy who needs your special kind of tuneup!
I feel the same way about the lazy azz-hat!
Zeke

The super winch seems to work quite well. I have dealt with them and warn. I wouldn't try any others though. We looked at quite a few when I worked for the dealership. Everything else just seemed like junk.

Bessy once gave me a ride to the top of a hill. I rode in the back of his little side by side. Worked quite nice. I was surprised to see him in something other than a smoke Belcher.

Also once thought I was going to have to take Zeke off a hill after he tried to race me and almost tumbled.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

>The super winch seems to work
>quite well. I have dealt
>with them and warn. I
>wouldn't try any others though.
>We looked at quite a
>few when I worked for
>the dealership. Everything else just
>seemed like junk.
>
>Bessy once gave me a ride
>to the top of a
>hill. I rode in the
>back of his little side
>by side. Worked quite nice.
>I was surprised to see
>him in something other than
>a smoke Belcher.
>
>Also once thought I was going
>to have to take Zeke
>off a hill after he
>tried to race me and
>almost tumbled.
>
>I'll tell you who it was
>. . . it was
>that D@MN Sasquatch!

That was my PISSCUTTIN Rig kawboy!

You ever wonder why the underneath of my PISSCUTTIN Rig is Shiny?:D

After the 12 miles I had been that morning, I was happy to get a ride. Even if it was a ford, but I was sure proud of that pisscuttin rig, that road was perty nasty.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I hear you on the Hike kawboy!

Na,that trail wasn't too Nasty/Bad!

Shoulda see where I took it in Southern Utah 2 years ago,We had a Rope & 2 Guys tryin to Keep it on 2 Wheels,Perty Sure it was an Illegal Wheeler Trail!:D

There isn't any Rust UnderNeath My Pisscuttin Rig!:D

>
>Also once thought I was going
>to have to take Zeke
>off a hill after he
>tried to race me and
>almost tumbled.
>

Uhhhh, my memory of the incident was that I was helped (pushed) down the mountain by you! I must not have been moving fast enough for you! LOL

Damn, that was a fun day! Thanks Bro!

Zeke

I have a 2000lb badlands winch from Harbor Freight. You can get one on sale from $80-$100. They also sell the hard to find badlands plate mount.

I have used it several times and wouldn't ever have a bike without one.

So Travis?

What all you been doing with it?

With ITP's on all 4 & when you can't go no further,it's time to turn around!

I do like the idea of hooking the winch cable to the Trailer!

I think what Wisz was really wanting Info on was a Wench?:D

elkasassins,,,, didn't you just tell me. you used yours fur pulling cameras off trees,,,,??.

>elkasassins,,,, didn't you just tell me.
>you used yours fur pulling
>cameras off trees,,,,??.

LOL
I'm sure he does but he won't admit it in a public forum. Good for him. It's the best use of an ATV winch!
Zeke

>elkasassins,,,, didn't you just tell me.
>you used yours fur pulling
>cameras off trees,,,,??.

I did tell you elkun that there were a couple of good uses for ATV's!:D

Nuff Said!

I do need some new tires!

I've been stuck in snow up Monte Cristo. I also got stuck in a mud hole that I thought was a little puddle in the road.

I love using it to tie down to the trailer/truck.

I carry two hand winches in my pick up and toss them into what ever I'm driving in the backcountry. Pulled the diesel of of some pretty nasty stuff. Loaded some pretty heavy timber. Use them on the boat and trailer and around the yard as needed. Really like the portability. Throw in a couple of 30 foots heavy duty straps and your pretty good to go.

Never had the need for a power winch but never could afford one either.

Here's a high end hand winch that looks like a good one, better than any I've ever owned.

http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-off-road...power-puller-come-along-instead-winch-196820/

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom