Winchester Model 70

searcher

Anyone have one of the new model 70's made in S.C.? I would appreciate any comments pro or con. I am thinking about buying a new rifle in 300 WSM. thanks for your comments.

I just got one in December in the 270WSM. I haven't shot it yet. I just got the scope for it today and am waiting on rings/bases.

You'll get many people telling you to get a different brand but I did quite a bit of reading on the new model 70's before making my decision. Something about it just made me want to give a try. I decided to go ahead and give it a try because I really didn't find anything bad about it. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it next week.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-11 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]I have 2 a 270 and 308 All weather rifles. They are great I have had less than a inch at 200 with my 270 and 308 with handloads. There are a lot of happy people with the new winchesters the trigger easly is adjustable.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Thanks for the comments. I handled a lightweight version of the model 70 the other day. It felt pretty good, the bolt worked smoothly and the stock was really nice. I might go ahead and buy it soon. My understanding is that the model 70 is made by FN. I have a pistol made by FN and really like it. I know this is comparing apples to oranges. Anyway,I've got the new rifle fever and the only cure is a new rifle.

I just picked up a new FW 06 it likes about every I load for it. I can easily get 1/2 inch at 100 we will see how it shoots at 200 and 300 this weekend. Adjusted the trigger and it shoots great.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom