Wolves Attack & Eat Human

kill them all... seriously... we shoot coyotes all the time but we can't shoot wolves??? I heard that there have been some sitings of wolves taking down elk in the tarpiscan around clockum area where I live... I can tell you right now if I saw one out there I would shoot it instantly...

I doubt that there are wolves in tarpicsan canyon, there's more likely Yakama's, or Wanapums, or both shooting "your" elk and deer or at the very least a few stick Indians that will haunt you if you dont treat them with respect.

As for wolves, they are a resource, lets manage them as such and not get carried away with fear. I dont think a couple wolf attacks a century means we should kill them all. Remember, guns dont kill people, people kill people. . .

>>Remember, guns dont kill people, people kill people. . .

I'm pretty sure in this case it's the wolves killing people...and with any animal that attacks or kills a human, it/they (the ones responsible) need to be hunted down and killed.

Tony,

You'd drink the Koolaid to the final end, wouldn't ya...

I guess they could kill your own and it wouldn't matter.

Smile, an nod.

lrv

we all know why wolves were introduced. They were introduced by the tree lov'n folk. They knew the wolves would kill off the elk, deer, moose. Therefor less tags could be issued out for hunters.
it took poison to kill all the wolves before. So once they get established they will be as hard as coyotes to kill off again and you will never get to use poison again.
f the wolf and wolf lovers.

What is troubling to me is that the Canadian Doctor tried to pin it on black bears rather then admit that wolves killed Keton. I guess the Doctor might not under stand that wolves very easily could have drug Keton that distance.

Another point is that no one has called for the termination of all wolves because of this act; yet, some continue to imply that will be the outcome if we acknowledge that wolves in fact killed a healthy young man. Seems warped to me that anyone would value the life of a wild animal over that of a human. I guess it never matters unless it is someone from your family which is the victim.

Dumb ol cowboy like me , heck I can't tell the differance , the "3 S Rule" plays into effect!

just shoot them... don't worry about what anybody else says... all you have to say is that it looked like a coyote... lol... game wardens are dumb they don't know the difference...
just remember... SOS... shoot on site!!!! lol

"and with any animal that attacks or kills a human, it/they (the ones responsible) need to be hunted down and killed."

So when a moose, deer, elk or buffalo kills someone should we hunt them down also? It happens about as often as wolves killing people. Maybe we should hunt down and kill drunk drivers too. The list could go on and on. How many of you sss er's actually live and hunt in wolf country year in and year out more than a few days at a time? Just curious. I'm all for killing them if they set foot out of Yellowstone but unfortunately they won't let it be that simple. It should be open season from November through April. You could get a nice rug...........if you could actually find one.

Zigga,
Really not hard to find them in the Madison valley. Alot of ranchers were missing an unusual number of cow/calf pairs and calves this year. I know its really easy to blame wolves but when you are seeing many more wolves and having them down on your ranch then it just makes sense. They are getting pretty bold too. Im not against having wolves in the wild, but I think that unregulated wolf populations are just bad news. Those wolves should have a healthy respect for man. How did you season go this year?
ismith
45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

This is funny $**t, that you guys think all wolves should be shot on site!!!:7:7 and poisoned to extinction :)
what makes them different from any other animal on this planet??? Last time I checked none of us are the ALMIGHTY, so we really don't have the right to determine which species survive, all we have the right to is the MANAGEMENT of them so we are all in balance.
If we were to KILL off every species of animal that ever killed a human, There wouldn't be much left on this planet other than people.
So instead of B**ch'g about how they are only man eaters, pick up a book and learn something about them.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

mntman
I do know that wloves are are decimating biggame animals.
Animals that we sportsmen have paided to protect and reintroduce back to the wild.
Such as sheep, elk, moose ect.
And we have paid thru license fees, stamps, excise tax., ect.
Most outdoorsmen would like healthy game herds, rather than a few straglers the wolves have not torn apart.
Kill one wolf many other animals survive.

By the way Mntman.
If you looked at the history of mankind, you would relize we have caused the extinction of many species.
Or driven them to the point of, such as snow lepoards, tigers, to name a few.
Not to mention certain ethnic groups of people.
In this day of limited and fragmented habitats, there is no place for deadly efficent predators, except in parks or zoos.

>
> mntman
> I do know that wloves
>are are decimating biggame animals.
>
> Animals that we sportsmen have
>paided to protect and reintroduce
>back to the wild.
> Such as sheep, elk, moose
>ect.
> And we have paid thru
>license fees, stamps, excise tax.,
>ect.
> Most outdoorsmen would like healthy
>game herds, rather than a
>few straglers the wolves have
>not torn apart.
> Kill one wolf many other
>animals survive.
>
>
FOXBOW, I said "MANAGE" them just as we do with other big Game species!! There is a difference between "Manage, complete protection and extinction".

The way it sounds in your post is that you are a greedy person that doesn't like to share with Nature and that it is our decision to say wolves have no place on this planet?
I would hope that the latter isn't right?

If I was a logger I could say I want every single deer and elk killed off then cause, every fall when they rub their velvet off they are taking money out of my pocket by killing billions of trees throughout the country that I could harvest years later...
Does that make any sense? NO.

GROW UP!!

Mntman

The old timers had a damn good reason they got rid of them in the 1st place, something do-good'ers appear oblivious to.

>
> By the way Mntman.
>If you looked at the history
>of mankind, you would relize
>we have caused the extinction
>of many species.
> Or driven them to the
>point of, such as snow
>lepoards, tigers, to name a
>few.
> Not to mention certain ethnic
>groups of people.
> In this day of limited
>and fragmented habitats, there is
>no place for deadly efficent
>predators, except in parks or
>zoos.

Just because we made previous species go extinct does that make it right to do the same again and again? NO.

I think zoo's are a joke! How would you feel to be trapped in a small pen? Oh that's right we do that already it's called prison for those that break the law. So for the specific animals that do attack people they should be taken out, we can't have them out there with no fear of people. That is the policy we have in place for other species already, like bears. Most states even have it in place for wolves. If they are caught attacking livestock, pets or people they can be shot on sight. If not you can have a state represenative shooter/trapper come in and remove the specific wolves that are causing damage.

Again I will say MANAGE them. I am not a bioligist or a represenative of any state management office so I don't know where and how many in those places should be wolves but I DO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE THE SAME RIGHT TO LIVE IN THE WILD ALONG WITH ANY OTHER SPECIES!
If you are a person that believes wolves should be exterminated to extinction then you should really look at your self and say am I really a hunter(person who promotes wildlife in it's natural habitat) or just a greedy, ignorant person who can't truly enjoy all of natures products?

Mntman

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]Yea and shooting a guy in the streets use to be a matter of justice, now it's illegal, BFE - evolve bud.

BTW if a wolf kills a human, the wolf should be killed as well as the pack, but to say kill them all is craaaaaaaazy, and, if you thin this was a huge conspiracy against the hunter, you've got a lot more confidence in humans' to organize and plan than do I. . . Talk about cool aid, a conspiracy to stop hunters by introducing wolves, gulp gulp. . . .

Mntman quote "
I DO KNOW WOLVES HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE WITH THE OTHER WILDLIFE"
Problem is the wolves can't read, and they don't live with the other animals like a Disney movie.
They wipeout most other wildlife.
And yes its for food most of the time, but the results are the same.

wow, comparing it to disney movies? That is funny $$$$ there.

I bet that if you took all the things I have said on this post and reworded, cut and pasted my quotes you could make it look like I said that I shot a 60 foot pink elephant with 15 foot bases too.

Mntman

mntman quote
" loggers should kill deer and elk for killing their trees"
Not quite the same thing mntman.
Big differnce between a buck bull rubbing a sapling, then when a wolf pack hamstrings a moose.
Then ripping it apart while its still alive.
But I guess a tree-hugger might see it as the same.

Killing off the wolves is absurd. Manage them just like deer and elk. I for one would love to hunt a wolf and allow my great grandkids the same opportunity.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]Buckmaster,FoxBow and BFE; I really hope that you were joking because if not, your post's may well be the most uninformed crock of s**t I have ever heard in my entire life. I know that alot of people on this forum are super western and everyone is way into cattle and livestock and intentionally using improper grammar to emphasize how much of a cowboy you all are, but will one of you please do some research before you start popping off at the mouth? Seriously, this post should be nuked to save everyone else from having to read more of your diarrhea of the mouth.

> mntman quote
> " loggers should kill deer
>and elk for killing their
>trees"
> Not quite the same thing
>mntman.
> Big differnce between a buck
>bull rubbing a sapling, then
>when a wolf pack hamstrings
>a moose.
> Then ripping it apart while
>its still alive.
> But I guess a tree-hugger
>might see it as the
>same.

Now you are calling me a tree-hugger? Just asking cause if you are I am willing to get together anytime and discuss how I hate that type of people. I also have compiled a better than average list of success's over my short period of hunting.

No not a big difference cause if you would notice I said "NO" at the end of my paragraph. That is due to killing off all the wolves and deer species for their own respective reasons stated in this post are ridiculous. The people who want to exterminate them are just completely off their rocker. If you would actually spend some time to learn about them and have an open mind. You just might learn that wolves were not put on this planet to piss off every elk and deer hunter.

If they were managed to a number that is proportionate to the size of area they are allowed to be in and the herd size of their prey. You would actually come to realize they aren't such the blood thirsty man killers you think they are. They would actually do what they should do and take out the weak, sick, old etc.... which would make the deer, elk etc... herds strong.
I know in certain places they are out of control due to their Federal protection. They are over their acceptable numbers and should be reduced back to a number that is balanced to their area.

I can't remeber what the name of the poison used back in the 60's for predator control was but it nearly took out our Bald eagle and other species. I don't like that and would highly prefer that we don't get to that point again. I like the Eagle representing my country, I would hope you do too.

FYI- I just made up the logger example to show you how ridiculous it is...

Mntman

All of you dudes need to go to the IDGF website and read what Idaho is proposing for wolf management. Wolves are here to stay and no amount of griping is going to change it. Personally I'm looking forward to having a wolf tag in hand should I ever happen to see one in the wild.

IDGF wants to have 3-5 breeding pairs of wolves in my hunt area which is units 33,34,35,36,39. That is a huge area with several thousand elk and deer. I think that is a very reasonable goal, but would still give me very little chance of actually seeing a wolf in the wild. Currently there are 11 documented packs in this area and I still haven't seen or heard my first wolf.

Would I 3-S any wolves I see without a tag? Absolutely not! I abide by the laws, even the ones I disagree with. But I will protect myself and family.

Its fair chase, or its foul!

mntman
All I can say is if the shoe fits wear it.
If you think predators "take out the sick, old, and weak, you don't know too much.
I am not an expert, but I have talked with many outdoors people, who make a living in the mountains.
Game and Fish personal, guides who have seen kills on the biggest elk or deer.
Not to mention the youngest fawns and newborns.
Bears and coyotes specialize in fawns.
There was a study in Colorado a few years ago, that linked the decline of deer to fawn predataction.
BTY that study was compiled by the Colo. fish and game, but what do they know.

>"and with any animal that attacks
>or kills a human, it/they
>(the ones responsible) need to
>be hunted down and killed."
>
>
>
>
>So when a moose, deer, elk
>or buffalo kills someone should
>we hunt them down also?
> It happens about as
>often as wolves killing people.
> Maybe we should hunt
>down and kill drunk drivers
>too. The list could
>go on and on.
>How many of you sss
>er's actually live and hunt
>in wolf country year in
>and year out more than
>a few days at a
>time? Just curious.
>I'm all for killing them
>if they set foot out
>of Yellowstone but unfortunately they
>won't let it be that
>simple. It should be
>open season from November through
>April. You could get
>a nice rug...........if you could
>actually find one.

Not even close to what I wrote...you kill the ones responsible, now, I've never seen a man eating Moose but if there does happen to be one and he does kill and eat a human then by all means track him and kill him.

Look at it this way...Big Cats are the norm in parts of the world...but they don't usually attack humans, when they do, the ones responsible are taken out. Should be the same for any carnivarous animal that attacks humans.

FoxBow, once again you really aren't doing yourself any favors right now. Do you know what study that was? Because with all of the other very serious issues that are having a negative effect on wildlife, I find it really hard to believe that a biologist would say that predators have single handedly caused a decline in deer populations. I really think that you should do yourself a favor and go learn something about wolves or more specifically all predator prey relationships and then tell me that removing an apex predator from an ecosystem is a good idea.

I have stated what I think about wolf lovers. I won't repeat myself. I just can't sit by and watch Utah?s elk or deer herds take a dive like the elk in northern Idaho. I am the apex predator; I have a hard enough time drawing a tag in Utah I don't want to compete with a pos dog.

The wolf is the most effective predator on the North American continent bar none. I have seen enough video of herds of elk with there guts ripped out and still alive to make me sick. The wolf don't even eat half what they catch! It would be fine if they only ate the sick, week, old and retarded but they don't they destroy the entire herd and leave them to suffer, die and than rot.

If we are going to have wolves I say only allow them in Yellowstone park if they are caught out side the park give out unlimited tags or bounties for their ears.

> If you think predators "take
>out the sick, old, and
>weak, you don't know too
>much.

They do and it SHOULD be their primary prey but when the wolves are way ABOVE their goal # due to not being MANAGED to a balanced level, they do eat all the sick, old, weak etc... then after those are gone they take what ever animal they can single out. Yes it may be a perfectly healthy 7 year old Bull Moose in his prime but they are wolves and they have a want to live also and will do what it takes to survive. Now if their numbers were where they should be; the numbers of adult, healthy animals taken by them would be minimal. You also wouldn't see half eaten carcasses in the woods left behind either.

I hope they start handing out tags for them to trappers and hunters, It would be good cause it would be another tag to apply for me and others but I know the hunter success rates on wolves would be barely above zero%, that is why they would need trappers to do the majority of the harvest.

Mntman

Yeah, I know what you said and I would like to say thank you for NOT repeating yourself. I love how you "just can't sit by and watch Utah?s deer and elk herds take a dive"? Yeah, that's a good point, I almost forgot that before people arrived in North America wolves and deer and elk didn't exist together in the wild. Oh, and its also a good thing that we almost eradicated wolves before they almost caused the extinction of the whitetail deer, elk, turkeys, buffalo, waterfowl, beaver and grizzly bears and finally themselves. Oh, wait a minute, no that was retards like you. If you honestly think that wolves are going to put an end to deer and elk before global warming or habitat loss does, you are dumber than I though you were.

You boys that are going to "shoot them on site", why stop there? Poaching is poaching, why not get you a nice Bull or Buck too? you obviously do not think the law applies to you.

Huntn6inchers:

You make some good points. Personally, I am warming to the idea of reintroduction of wolves -- if nothing else, it might have the positive effect of keeping the cattle numbers down on public land.

if nothing else, it
>might have the positive effect
>of keeping the cattle numbers
>down on public land.

Talk about "stirring the pot" but I do have to say that is probably the funniest thing said so far.

Mntman

Huntn30"er

You might not belive, but it was in BLACK+WHITE.
The study I refered to was published in Colorado Outdoors.
Which is published by the Colorado fish+game.
I could not find the particular issue.
However the biologist stated the the main reason for declining mule deer numbers, was due to coyote predaction of fawns.
The study was done over several years.

The wolf surpassed its original recovery goals nearly 7 years ago, and the current population is at nearly four times the original recovery plan objectives. So why is the wolf still listed on the Endangered Species Act? It's due to this "Shoot - Shovel - & Shut up" attitude that is constantly used as ammunition by environmental groups. This attitude simply fuels the argument that if ESA protections are removed, wolves will simply be driven back to their nearly non-existent pre-listing status. There is absolutely no question that wolves are here to stay. Even after delisting, state management has to maintain viable populations above recovery plan objectives; if not, the wolf will simply be relisted.

Look at it this way, we can either keep arguing that the reintroduction of wolves was a huge mistake and that wolves should be re-exterminated, inevitably leaving wolves forever listed under the ESA. Or, we can support the argument of managing wolves at healthy population numbers and get them delisted, which could actually result in a huge decrease in actual wolves. For example, Idaho has roughly 42 breeding pairs of wolves, once delisted Idaho will only have to maintain 15 breeding pairs of wolves, only 1/3 of their current numbers. So, in my mind there is no question that once delisted wolves and ungulate species can co-exist at healthy numbers on both ends. Just my 2 cents.

The Sad thing about all of this is that sportsman are buying into the Ideals of the tree hugging extreamests. There getting into our heads! Tfinal mentioned in his first post that Wolves are a resource and need to be managed as did buglinbulls, I don't no if you guys supported the reintroduction of Wolves in Wyoming or not, but that Idea is messed up. I am sorry, I will not give in and support any Ideas of Wolves being a managible resource. Let's keep them out of the states that do not have a plan in affect as of yet.

You missed my point Bucks4brains. I never supported the reintroduction of wolves in the first place. However, we have to look at the reality of the situation, and the reality of the Endangered Species Act. Sustainable populations of wolves are here to stay in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. I also never said that wolves were a resource. I said that post-delisting management could drastically reduce current numbers and still maintain healthy populations that will avoid relisting. So, my point is that this "extermination" attitude only leads to wolves being left with the protections of the Endangered Species Act, and a lot more wolves.

Hogliver, you make a valid point. I was in favor of the reintroduction before, but anything that kills free range cattle is doubly ok with me. And who knows, maybe one day I will be lucky enough to see a pack of wolves killing some calves, and in the act of killing the wolves I could accidently kill a couple of cows with stray bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom