Wonder what caused this

money

Saw this cow last fall. Wonder what caused a wound like that. Saw a similar thread on the Mule Deer forum and it made me think of this cow. Would love to see pictures of things you seen as well.

elk hole 2.jpeg

elk hole.png

Animals are tough muthas… their immune system is unreal. Humans are unfit for survival and die from a stubbed toe by comparison.

Coyotes did that…most likely in deep snow
only problem is it hadn't snowed in that area in about 6 months and it's not an area that gets deep snow more than about once a decade.

It very well could be from coyotes or another predator though. Nevere seen a wound like that one. It's a deep hole and just looks pretty nasty.

only problem is it hadn't snowed in that area in about 6 months and it's not an area that gets deep snow more than about once a decade.

It very well could be from coyotes or another predator though. Nevere seen a wound like that one. It's a deep hole and just looks pretty nasty.
That's where they always start......I've seen beef cows with the same injury.....

I’m with Homer on this, seen quite a few deer like this from coyotes… Watched it happen 4 years ago on a late muzzleloader hunt… Made me sick watching it happen from long ways out and not being able to help the doe unfortunately….

That's where they always start......I've seen beef cows with the same injury.....
I do agree that it is likely from coyotes, just not from deep snow. We don't get deep snow and it was in October, 7 months after the last snow. But it absolutely could be from coyotes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom