Would you punch your ticket?

BIGHORNtracks

I do not have a tag.
I do have a problem. Sheep keep me up at night.
I tried counting them, but I just got excited.

So, if you did have a tag for a california, would you punch your ticket on one of these?
Sorry for the poor image quality. 500 yards was as close as I could get and the heat waves were giving me trouble.

7865img_9249-2.jpg

Blown up view.

9225img_9249-3.jpg

Just curious. Its your tag, do what you want with it.
I just wonder if other people think the same as I do when it comes to judging shooter sheep.

72logo.jpg

For sure, wouldn't think twice, that guy in the bottom right would be filling my freezer and taking space up on my wall.
With no sheep attached to my name any legal sheep is going down the first chance I am offered.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

That darker one in the middle with the white dot on the bridge of his nose seems to be the biggest to me. Is he a shooter? I have no clue.

Sheep are cool and I would love to draw a Montana breaks tag one day but big mule deer bucks make me loose sleep.

Nonetheless, awesome pics!!!!

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-14 AT 10:18AM (MST)[p]Mntman, that one on the bottom right actually has a longer right side than left.
You just can't see it based on his position.

[youtube]youtube.com/embed/zvpvzZYkYXA[/you tube]

One kind of cool thing, at 7min 30 sec in this video, one sheep starts to rub the velvet off his antlers.
Then, a bunch of them join in and by the end, they have all beat the tar out of this bush.

72logo.jpg

Well, that you tube imbed thing did not work at all.

At 7 mins 30 sec, one of the sheep starts to rub the velvet off his antlers.
Then, several others join in and they beat the crap out of this bush.

Why the imbed did not work, who knows?

And Stubaby, if that velvet thing did not get a smile, we can't be friends.
I threw that in there just for you.

72logo.jpg

The one with the white spot looks like the oldest of the bunch, probably 8 or so. The rest are young 6 or less.

Old sheep are trophies. 8 is just getting "old"... From the looks of the genetics in the herd, I would think you could find a bigger ram than white spot. He's super tight curled and probably 30" long at most. There are a couple of young rams in that bunch that look like they have much deep curls... leads me to believe that you can find a nicer ram somewhere else in the area.

Bottom line, if you like the looks of him, or don't have much time take him. Its a nice old ram and one that you could be proud of.

They all look young....but they sure r perty ain't they! Can't wait to draw a tag.....hope I can still get up the hill when I do! Thanx for the pics!

The Newfys herd is very healthy right now and there are plenty of older rams on that mountain. I would personally not put a tag on any of those rams and I'd keep hunting for their grandaddies. The average days to kill a ram on that unit is less than a hand full. I'd keep looking for age rings.
Cool pictures and thanks for sharing.

+1 to LBH. Look for lots of rings.
Beautiful pics! Sheep are cool!
Zeke

BTW: I've never seen a ram rub the "velvet" off his horns. What are you talking about?

>+1 to LBH. Look for lots
>of rings.
>Beautiful pics! Sheep are cool!
>Zeke
>
>BTW: I've never seen a ram
>rub the "velvet" off his
>horns. What are you talking
>about?

Was thinking the same.

What do you guys mean...... Sheep don't have velvet?

The velvet thing was for Stubaby.
He said that big deer were keeping him up at night.
It was just a little joke to lure him in and get him to watch the video.
Cause it's a sheep video.

It must have been funnier in my head than it was on the internet.
Next time I will try harder.

72logo.jpg

I figured with a "handle" like yours that something was screwy. I get it now, just trying to get Stu to watch the "velvet" show! Ha, good.
Again, great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Zeke

To answer question, zero way I would punch ticket...if could not find better, would eat tag

However, thanks for the beautiful photo of a fine bunch

Cheers

Adam

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom