Wrist Slap?????

drophorn

I am shooting the new AR 34 and the string keeps hitting my wrist I have shot for a long time with the Fire storm lite and this has never happend, what do you all think is going on ??? any help please.

It sounds like maybe the draw lenght of the AR 34 might be a little bit longer than your other bow. There might be a brace hight difference as well. Try shortening your draw length a bit. Also try opening your stance up more to the target. some bows are just more prone to wrist slap than others. My Hoyt Ultra tec doesn't hit me at all but my old Hoyt Intec would slap me silly no matter what I tried.

Mark

There is also a chance you are putting too much hand into the grip. Try moving your hand out more rather than in. If you have too much hand in that handle, it moves your arm in which can cause the infamous slap. Just an idea....As mentioned above, draw length can also be a factor. Good luck.

The draw lenght is the same, Iam holding the bow the same as my other bow but the grip is a little smaller on the AR, I just hate to think that I might have to go to a arm gard I have never had to use one before but maybe now I might have to.

Is your left elbow slightly bent? If not, your draw lenght is too short. I know you said it's the same as the other bow. Just checking.

Yes my elbow is slightly bent,I fill like every thing is the same, I shoot year around I wounder if the smaller grip could be pulling my wrist in more???? so this has me scratching my butt and hopeing that this it not a flaw in the new bow,do you know anybody else that is shooting the AR34???

Play around with your hand placement. Also try turning your feet a little more toward the target, don't stand parralel to the target line. This will open up your stance a little bit and get your arm out of the way.

Mark

If you are close to a pro shop, have them look at you at full draw. I think your draw length is too long, even if your new bow is the same draw length as your old one. It's better to be slightly short, than a little long when it comes to draw lengths. Too long of a draw is also the most common shooting "error".
Good luck.

Lien2

I second the grip hand placement and also the location of your rear foot. All good tips to try. Good luck.

'It's all about the gut pile'

I shoot Mathews and I have had a Q2XL and a SQ2 and last year bought an LX that slaps my wrist. With the other two bows one was longer and one shorter but I never had that problem. I think brace heigh tmay be the reason, I did buy a wrist guard for the first time. I got the one that slides over my hand and holds my baggy shirt down.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom