Wy Moose #11pts

Salmon

Hi, Just wanted to see if anybody has advice on any hunts I could draw with 11 pts plus chances of harvesting a bull? Any help/info would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-13 AT 08:35AM (MST)[p]I hunted unit 25 in 2011 with Bald Mountain Outfitters. I drew with 11 points. Some drew with 10 points that year. Saw lots of Moose and killed a heavy 39 inch bull. Almost all the Moose are in the river bottoms which is 99% private. I think with some legwork you could get on some of it. If you go with an outfitter Bald Mountain is a good one. Terry Pollard is a straight shooter with an honest, hard working staff. GOOD LUCK. Chip

I've been in 24 many many times which takes me through 25 to get there. 25 has a bunch of moose but either book with Chip's guy or plan on working really hard to find a place to hunt. We always see lots of moose in 25 so I'd think you'd have a great hunt.
Congrats chipc on a great moose. Anything approaching 40' is a great bull nowadays.
Zeke

I drew area 18 a few years back with 6 points and did a DIY hunt ,took a nice 38 inch bull.Took 6 trips to pack him out.Thought it was going to kill me.Great hunt though!

"Took 6 trips to pack
>him out.Thought it was going
>to kill me.Great hunt though!"

LOL. Yup, that's moose hunting!

Zeke

If you plan hunting moose by yourself you'd best stay relatively close to the roads or else pack a big frying pan! I fortunately had a friend to help me pack mine (all down hill). It still about killed me and that was when I was almost 20 years younger!

Zeke I will help you pack out yours if you promise to drop him on a road!

Hey Salmon, Hope you can get a tag drawn this season. I remember talking to you last year over the phone about my unit 26 moose hunt acouple years ago.

Unfortunately, point creep is real for Wyoming moose. Units that took eleven points to draw two years ago....now take 13 points.

Looks like your NR point pool (10 points in 2012) pulled tags in 9, 17 and 22 last year. Somebody with 7 points drew in Unit 11.

Everything else went higher than ten points for antlered or any moose tags.

That said....you could get lucky in a higher demand unit. All depends on the number of folks that actually apply for a license rahter than buying a point.

Here is a nice Bull from Unit 25 this past season. Not sure how many points she had but it was not 11 for sure. She gets drawn more than her husband does. BUT they know a lot of the locals there since her husband has been hunting there for over 40 years now....and use to drink at the local watering hole...LOL
Helps in this area to know someone for access to private close to river. She and her husband are Non-Residents.

858wymoose2012_002.jpg

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom