WY Moose: where did you apply?

dwalton

Very Active Member
Now that the application period is over, where did everyone apply? Put the wife in for area 27, resident, with 9 points. Last year this was 100% draw with 9, 20% with 8. Hope she draws!

Best of luck to all that applied!

Area 27 2nd choice w/11 points. DW hope I didn't take your wifes tag. Good luck.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

38, but probably not much chance with only one point. Drew it in 04 before they decided to ruin another area with excessive tags. Planning on drawing it again sometime around my 80th birthday. Hoping for the same in Colorado and Utah...

just buying a point, by the way you wouldn't be able to take a tag with a second choice application even if you have more points they draw all the first choice applications first and anything left over goes to second choice

Sorry losthuntr your wrong. On Sheep and Moose the second choice. If he doesn't draw his first choice, and he has more points with his second choice, than someone with there first choice, he'd would receive the tag over the guy with fewer first choice points. Call the F&G I did.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-10 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]huntnrich is right. Check last year's odds. There were lots of people (res &non-res) that drew moose tags with their second choice.

Unit 1 with 10 NR points. Wasn't planning on moose for 2010, but if I draw that random tag, I'll MAKE time for it!

Unit #26 first choice, Unit #27 second choice. I wish I'd have put Unit #17 second choice but I couldn't find much information on it. The biologist wasn't much help.

huntnrich - FYI - Wyoming allows you to modify your application and change your area. I'm not sure how long they give you to do it, but I checked it today and you can still change moose applications. You can do it online.

Points for me. Only have 9 points as non resident. Maybe in the next three to five years I will be in the pool. I have put myself and three boys in for moose in Utah on CWMU. Hoping numerous chances will maybe produce a lucky draw.

Maybe I will get lucky and draw elk in Utah (San Juan) with 16 resident points. Keeping my fingers crossed (around a 25% chance). Best of luck to you all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom