WY Muley / Lope 2010

LoveBigRacks

Hey guys, fellow hunters. My buddy and I are planning an out of state hunt in 2010 to visit the great state of Wyoming and hunt lopes and muleys. It takes a good 10-12 years to draw a lope tag in my home state so I'm looking forward to chasing speed goats for the first time. We're targeting unit 68 for lope and 87 for bucks, ajoining units in the Ferris Mtns. One scouting trip is about all we'll have time for given the distance from home (OR) but we plan on hunting for 8-10 days, the first few for speed goats then relocate and focus on bucks. Neither of us have spent any time in this area and I hoping some of you might be able to offer some info. I'm curious what you guys think about expectations. I'll be happy to fill one of my two tags with a good animal, and stoked if I fill them both. Not looking for anything massive (course I wouldn't mind) but I'd like to find a 15"+ lope and a nice 4pt buck. Any of you guys familiar with this area and able to offer some feedback? Any tips on general areas that hold a lot of goats appreciated as well, or general deer info. I'm starting my research early and hoping to narrow it down to a few areas to concentrate on. Anything is appreciated guys...

LBR

Contact the Wyoming Game and Fish dept. and get the phone numbers for the local wardens in the area you wish to hunt. They can give you needed information as to herd size, general areas to try hunting and if good expectations exist for trophy animals in their units.

RELH

>Contact the Wyoming Game and Fish
>dept. and get the phone
>numbers for the local wardens
>in the area you wish
>to hunt. They can give
>you needed information as to
>herd size, general areas to
>try hunting and if good
>expectations exist for trophy animals
>in their units.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

+1

[a href="http://www.mybinocularharness.com/"]binocular harness system[/a]

Take a look at Eastmans Member's Research On antelope in their Magazine. It has a lot of good info. There are good unit's that might take a point or two to draw? Did you purchase a point this year? We currently have 2 points and will go next year!!!

www.albinovest.com http://huntfishwa.com/

Slider,
We've been getting points for a couple of years so 2010 is our payoff year. Information from the MRS section of Eastman's is what drew us to these two units actually. I need to re-read that though as its been a while since I studied it.

Have you guys decided where you'll be going next year? We're going in mid to late October so I've got a year to plan this out but justing having a good out of state hunt on the horizon has my blood pumping already. Good luck to you guys!

LBR

I am not 100% sure of the area you are looking to hunt what is a close town. My aunt and uncle live out there and I go out there every year to visit. Last year I was out there for 3 weeks and this year for 2. I did some scouting for a guy this year. I didn't put in a ton of time but I put him in an area that he found some good bulls or so he told me. He was not able to bring in the big one, but he did get one with his bow ant that is what he wanted more than anything. I have plans to be out there next summer after the second semester of summer school gets out for about 2 to 3 weeks again. If the area is close to where they live I would be more then willing to take a look for you and give you some info. I would put a day or two in for you, but then I will have to put the rest of the time in for my first muley hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom