Wyoming antelope help

maddog58

I know Wy pretty well but I’m looking for some additional info. My son who is in the Marines will be getting out in June and has 6 points right now. Looking for a good area with good access. And no I’m not going to be hunting just him. PM’s preferred. I’m looking at a couple of areas right now but could use more help. Thanks

Wish you luck. We are a point ahead of you. Units that were a shoe in with 4 or 5 points now are not guaranteed with 7. And I feel it might be worse this year. Trying to plan a hunt on the way to my nephews wedding in Big Sky this year.

Wish you luck. We are a point ahead of you. Units that were a shoe in with 4 or 5 points now are not guaranteed with 7. And I feel it might be worse this year. Trying to plan a hunt on the way to my nephews wedding in Big Sky this year.
Thanks. Just trying to make sure I’m not overlooking somewhere. He hasn’t got to hunt in 5 yrs so hoping to figure it out. Point creep is a killer for sure

I thought the same until the last few days when gas prices really started soaring. I really wonder if some Nonresidents will just go point only this year if it's going to cost $500 bucks for fuel to make a round trip to Wyoming.

Should of stated non resident, we are from Spring Creek NV
I lived in Spring Creek from 1990-2008, and now live in Wyo. I'd most definitely look at the special antelope tag over the regular draw.....it opens up way more possibilities for a quality hunt. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.

I can offer some suggestions as well. Also, as others have said, I’d highly recommend ponying up for the Special. Can make a huge difference with those points.

I lived in Spring Creek from 1990-2008, and now live in Wyo. I'd most definitely look at the special antelope tag over the regular draw.....it opens up way more possibilities for a quality hunt. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.
Make sure you do your research. There are many units where the Special draw odds are essentially the same as regular. I can remember which units we looked at last year with guy. But in the end the special odds at his point level were like 3% higher than the regular. As time goes on I think there is a trend where the special is giving less advantage than it did in previous years.

I want to say it was like 58 or 57 lope we found almost no difference between regular and special.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom