Wyoming Antelope ?- Units 55, 56, 108???

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
I have 1 preference point going into this years Wyoming Antelope draw and plan to put a tough to draw unit as my first choice. I was considering units 55, 56, or 108 as a good 2nd choice unit.

Do any of you have experience with any of these units that you wouldn't mind sharing? Which would you recommend and why (quantity, quality, etc).

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to P< me if you would prefer.

Thanks,

Cory

Most of the areas around Rawlins are good antelope areas. Most are tought draws and alot of the private ranch areas are tied up by outfitters.

RELH

Pretty tough to draw any of those as second choice. Only chance going off last years odds is 56. But with them changing this year to going through everyones first choice before going to second choice changes everything.

All three units have limited to nonexistant public access. 55 and 108 have a limited amount of block public on the south end, but the remainder lies in checkerboard. 55 has a walk-in area and a WGFD habitat unit so there is some area for a DIY hunt. 56 is total checkerboard and lies completely on one ranch. The last I heard, trespass ran $300/day, 3 day minimum.

Trophy potential has been OK in the past, but keep in mind that we had a heck of a winter, and the antelope are the 1st to react. I've heard numbers as high as 40-50% winterkill this year for parts of Carbon County. The south-central Wyoming I-80 corridor has been hit extremely hard by heavy snow, cold temps, and high winds this winter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom