WYOMING DEER AREAS 132 AND 133

ELKLOVER

I have a friend who has a small ranch on some river that splits 132 and 133. I can't remember the name of the river, Blackfork maybe? I believe it's in the Uintas. Anyways, it's a general tag for me, I'm a res. He has invited me down to go deer hunting. Do any of you know anything about this area? I don't want to burn my personal days if there isn't potential for a decent buck. He doesn't have a clue what's on there. He doesn't really hunt. This will be his first year there too. Anything you can tell me would be great. I don't see on the WY Game and Fish site when the season there closes. Does it run till Nov. 10th like up near Cody where I am or is it shorter? Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-15 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]The season dates for 132 and 133 are 10/1-10/14 and the tag is only good in those units for an antlered buck with 3 points or more on either antler. It looks like the Blackfork splits the two units in the southern area and there is a slight bit of Wasatch NF down along the southern Wyoming state border. I have never been near there, but that antler restriction usually does not bode well for what you want to go down there for, but that's not saying that you have no chance of killing a 180" buck as soon as you step from the truck either! Hopefully some members that live down that way or that are experienced in those units can give you a better idea of the potential for a killing a decent deer. Good luck!

Sounds good Paul. I'll give you a ring or just chat when you come out this summer. I did talk to Luke about it a little last night. Thanks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom