Wyoming moose question

Flint

I've got 5 NR points, so I should be able to draw just about any area I want. I would like an area where I can get a nice respresentative bull, not necessarily a great trophy. I need someplace with reasonably easy access. I can hike a long ways on level ground, but steep slopes are getting hard on the joints.

I'm from central Utah, so the closest areas for me would be 23, 24, 26, 35, 36 and 40. Of course I can put in for a different area if it offers a better opportunity.

Any suggestions about where I might find good access with decent bulls?

Flint,
You may want to recheck the draw stats. With 5 points, this year, you could have drawn about 8 units and been in the hunt for about 8 more. Of the units listed you could have drawn 40 or 36 and maybe 35. The others require more points. This year, with the point fee going up, it may take a few more points for every unit. 5 points may not get it done for you. Good luck to you though.

Flint,
You've got LOTS of company at 5 points. MNHunter posted this in another string but I'm cutting and pasting it here so you can see the reality of what MNHunter is saying...

Going into the 2006 draw
Moose
11 Points - 20
10 Points - 64
9 Points - 59
8 Points - 92
7 Points - 152
6 Points - 1433
5 Points - 1610
4 Points - 1687
3 Points - 1917
2 Points - 2093
1 Point - 3124

Flint,

One other tip: Since 5 points might not get you into the top pool for a tag, at least put in for areas that have a tag in the random draw. With the areas you listed, only 23, 24, and 26 have tags available in the random draw. Best of luck to you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom