Wyoming Results 2/20

dwalton

Very Active Member
The Wyo G&F states that the results for the non-ressy elk draw will be posted tomorrow at 8am. Best of luck to all!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-09 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]Good luck Dave, I will just be buying the point this year and apply next year for Elk.

Brian

Thanks, but I'm patiently waiting for Aug. 26th to roll around. Then I'll buy the resident over the counter tag. I did apply my son for a non-ressy youth cow tag in 31, as well as my wife for a bull tag in the same area (trying to take advantage of the non-res pref. points). My son should be a shoe-in for his tag. Kind of crazy how Wyo does the residency thing, as a guy can hold both resident and non-resident licenses in the same year.

Wyoming hunting regs say you can only posess one full price tag per species... I'm sure that applys to all tags... if you draw a full price NR tag, you can't get a full price res tag regardless of residency...

dwalton--
Yeah, gil's right, one set of Elk antlers and one set of Muley antlers per customer per year. But with the program you, going gold in Aug., and your family have going, I'd be thinkin' ahead and dump a few bucks on another freezer!

Rump

If you really feel the need for more than one tag in a year, buy or win a Wy Commissioners tag for the species. They are exempt from the restriction of one per hunter.

I know you can only hold one license per species. What I meant to say is it's possible for me to have a non-ressy antelope and a resident elk permit in the same year. Same goes for my son. He should have a non-res elk tag, and be able to buy a resident deer tag after August. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my post. Should have known better with the MM crowd.

Good Luck elk applicants guess we will be reading who drew and who has another point for 2010.Oh I would bet the website will crash and burn around 7:46 am.Friday.Ha

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-09 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]Non-Resident Special Elk w/ Preference Point Option Unsuccessful All Choices/1 Point
With Max points

:( Dang I wanted to hunt WY this year

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-09 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]dont hate us...

Me and Pleasedear are 3 for 3 with no points and also drew our cow tags

2009 License Results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
License Type: Results Area/Type
Non-Resident Cow Calf Elk Successful 103-6
Non-Resident Elk w/ Preference Point Option Successful 1st Choice/No Points

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-09 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]Those big stinkys better look out this year. I am coming, and a sharp stick is coming with me and if that wont work i will shoot them from a long ways off with the boom stick. Its about time i go hunt a big bull again!

Congrats on your tags guys ! As for me - the big 0 again as usual. I was hoping the special draw with max points would make it happen. Wait 'till next year ! Chip

I was very happy to draw a general elk tag with no preference points this year. I drew last year with a preference point.

Based on 2008 odds it was a 15% draw chance. Wonder if fewer people applied or I just got lucky!! :D

I had pretty much planned on not getting drawn this year so now I'm not sure if I'm going to apply in Montana or New Mexico or not. If I do get drawn for either of those it will be hard to swing the extra vacation time.

Three unsuccessfuls for my three son's. One with max and the other two with one under. Hunted 100 last year and it would be a great hunt to take them on one of these years if they can luck out and draw!!! Oh well can draw if you don't put in!!!!

I drew again this year with zero points as a second choice!!!! Congrat to everyone else who drew out.

Cheers,
Pete

My dad and I both drew. General bull. Hopefully I can draw my antelope tag as well. Only down side is my wife is due on Aug 25!

They already have the 2009 drawing odds posted by area.

There were 2,381 applicants with no preference points who put the general license down as their first choice and there were 551 licenses for drawing odds of 23%. Not as bad as the 15% from 2008, but still a pretty lucky draw! :D

I'll be hunting Wyoming again this fall.I've been darn lucky in the Elk draw draw. 3 out of the last 6 years i have drawn Limited entry units.Good luck to all.
Oilcan

I drew non ressy unit 24....with 0 pref. points. I cant believe it. I hunted it several years ago...saw lots of bulls but I never did see anything much larger then 300 class. Does anyone have any hot tips?

Good job Travis! Iguess you were not expecting that one huh? I can help get you started if you need it.

I like to hear it all ktc! the more info the better... i have already gotten some good information but im looking forward to hearing anything you would like to share! I certainly was NOT expecting that, but im still lovin' it.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Zip, max points, regular draw BUT now I've got a plan. Buy PP for girlfriend and her son in June. Hopefully my dad and I draw next year and they get their PP again. Then in 2011 we'll have 4 PP for 4 hunters for general. Just gotta get that draw tag next year.

Travis,
Sounds like you will get plenty of info.Will you be going over once before the bowhunt starts?Between Ktc,Brian and myself you should get some real good areas to try.Don't short yourself on this hunt go as long as you can for archery and rifle it will be worth it.The place will spoil ya forever.Ha
Congrats on drawing the permit.

Thanks WARBIRDUM. Ill will make a trip over to check things out, learn the area etc this summer.

I certainly dont want to waste time during the season trying to figure out the road systems and everything else that goes along with hunting new places.

Im planning 2 weeks. then come back for the deer im gonna draw! haha...

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I get back from a little get-a-way with my Mrs over to Flaming Gorge and find out I drew back-to back- to back- Any elk tag again in Wyoming! 3 years in a row--'cheapie fee' to boot!

Life is good!

Travis,

I jumped the border into Wyo 31 to film some big bucks and there was 17 bull elk, in one herd, right to the east of the dirt BLM road 106..... maybe 2 miles from Minnies Gap.....on this trip to the Gorge.

Robb

Robb,
How much snow is over there?Did you find my buck I am going to kill once I draw the tag this year?he he

Ya drop off Greendale Benches and there is about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground......some wind drifts a little deeper but nothing much.....

Sorry Monte but the 102 tag already has me penciled in.....ha

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom