Wyoming success 2006

JR

Just returned this week from a trip to Wyoming,actually our 7th year back there and we did pretty well,5 for 5 in 4 days of hunting mulies.Had a great time with the friends we have made over the years and cant wait to return next year with tag in hand ready to do it again.
P.S. Sorry about the bloody snow but we were running out of light and had a mile hike out so it was a quick indian quarter job and down the mountain we went.
lastscan.jpg

13-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

Good for you guys!! Those are some great times.
Were they ruttin'??
We leave for Ft. Peck Friday.

Right on!! Gotta love that last picture. Wyoming.....first time in three years I'm not going back there, miss it already. Thanks for the pics.

BTW.....what's the world coming to when we have to apologize for blood in a hunting picture? J/K :)

What ranch where you at when the picture was taken? Just got back myself and we killed some nice bucks also in the same unit.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-06 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]First, an indian quarter job is when you dont gut the animal,The way i did it was to lay the buck on his back as Im gonna gut him and skin all the way down to the back.The idea is to use the hide to keep the meat clear of dirt.Once he is skinned completely other than the neck area you can now start quartering.Off with the front shoulders,next the back hams and then the backstrap.Once youve taken all the usable meat off the torso you carefully press the grass bag away from the tenderloins and cut them out .It is a much cleaner way to quarter animal IMO....

Ive seen some links to this process some time ago but cant seem to relocate them right now.My buddy in the pic with the kings camo with the 4x2 showed me how to do this a couple years ago and ive used it every chance I get now when I have to pack an animal out..

Second,the ranch in the group pic is the HOODOO ranch and that is Carter mountain in the background.The pic was taken in the front yard of our friends place.What an awsome view he has everyday out his front window...

thanks jr for the explanation! I almost always so that with my bucks, I hunt off my feet and back so it's a good way to get-er-done. I just never heard it call that before. . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom