Wyoming unit 44

walkalot

My brother in law and I drew speed goat tags for unit 44! In the proclamation it says there is a lot of private land....??? Does anyone have any info as to where we could hunt on public land? We have never been to the area so if anyone is from Laramie or from nearby any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! Thanks to all, Phil

"...if everyone paid attention to the things in life of REAL importance, there would be a shortage of bullets and fishing poles."

I don't have my Laramie BLM Quad map with me but you need to find one and buy it. I hunt in 45 just above you and if I remember there is accessable state and BLM land from hwy 230. Also contact the area office because they normally have list of landowners that will allow hunting via a tresspass fee.

If I remember I will look tonight and post my findings tomorrow.

I do know I have seen some decent animals south of the road there in that unit.

Triggerhappy:

If you don't mind me asking, I have a few questions about Area 45. I did not get drawn for the area I usually hunt in but I noticed that 45 has a few leftover licenses and am considering applying for the second drawing. I hunted does on the Strouss Hill area last year. That was the first time I ever hunted in 45. I was wondering if that is the only public access in 45 and if it would be worth the price of a non-resident buck license to hunt in 45. Just looking for the chance to kill some decent antelope (12 - 14"). A friend of mine applied with me to hunt this fall and he has never hunted in WY before. I would like to see him get a decent antelope if possible. Thanks for any info you can give me. PM me if you want to.

thanks
Tim

Thanks triggerhappy. How would I go about contacting the area office? Do you have the phone number? Or any other info?Thanks again. Like I said any info would be really helpful.

Phil

The Laramie regional office handles Antelope Area 44. Their number is 307-745-4046. Page 45 in the back of the 2006 Hunting Information Booklet has the information on phone numbers and the hunt areas that each regional office has jurisdiction over.

Tim

Sorry, I have been away for a few days. I was just looking at a BLM and state land map and there is quite a bit of BLM and some state that is accessable off 230 and 10 from Woods landing all the way to the border. I have never scouted that area but should be plenty of animals among the foothills around Jelm, Ring, and Red Mountains.

I have never hunted up around Strouss Hill, most of mine has been on a ranch down around 130. I would say to all to get a quad map and study it hard because there are a number of BLM and State lands that are accessable you just have to studt hard and a gps and good maps help a lot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom