wyoming unit 93 antelope tag

casper31

Hi My name is Dan Kasprzyk and I live in AZ.My son Kyle and I have recieved our 93-1 antelope tags in the mail we are really excited as this will be Kyles first antelope hunt he is 16 years old.

If I could lean on your guy's knowledge of unit 93 I would really appreciate it.Just so you have a little info on me i an 42 years old and in pretty good shape and can travel (hike) most anywhere. I have good equipment optics,tent gear, packs,quad,truck,toyhauler and such.

I could come any time for a solid week plus the front and backside weekends.Should I come for the opener or wait till later what's best in your opinion?

Do I need the quad?

Where would you stay motel,tow the toyhauler and camp,tent ,campground.If a motel is there one that is hunter friendly that you would recommend?

In your experience what would make our hunt the best it could be? we used max points of 4 to draw.If i could get a few spots to concentrate on in would help us out a lot.thanks Dan and Kyle

There are a few motels in Kemmerer and only one worth a darn in LaBarge. But no rooms were available last year there in LaBarge on my way home as the drilling Co. was back and took up all the rooms there. Don't know about Kemmerer so best bet is to start calling the places there and make a reservation now don't wait. But if you camp out there are a lot of places to camp away from the mad crown of hunters.
In 07 when I drew the tag I went the last full week of Aug. and guess what, that Monday morning it snowed hard and fog made it tuff to get around in. But ended that day and the next the roads were slick like nose droppings, so have chains or good tires.
Some say that the opener is best so it depends on what you want to do and go with it then.
Good luck to both of you and have a great hunt. Get away from the crowds and head inland the Lopes are where you find water.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 04:33PM (MST)[p]Dan & Kyle

I also have an antelope tag for unit 93 this year. I cant wait until September rolls around. I'm also looking for more information of the area. I have family that lives in the area and I will be heading over there soon to do some scouting.
I'm willing to share any information I find out that will make your hunt a better one.
Let me know if you need any thing up this way. Send me a PM and lets talk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom