Yote hunt?

Ottersix

Hey all. Got a question. I'm putting my daughter in for a Coorado mule deer hunt. The odds are long, but it's the hunt we need to take. Who knows,might just draw.

On the flip side. If we don't draw I'd like to take a calling vacation. When I was a call maker,I flew to New Mexico to call coyote for a couple days. Shot a couple,but the scenery was well worth the time. Beautiful country. I can still, and do, appreciate great country.

New Mexico is a heck of a hike from here. What I'm thinking is maybe Nebraska, Kansas, or South Dakota. Drive out for a long weekend or similar. Of the state's listed, would South Dakota be the best from a public access perspective?

Not an answer to your actual question but the statement of a long shot at drawing a Colorado deer hunt is inaccurate in that there are no random tags. It's a true preference point system. Either you have enough points to draw the unit or you don't.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-19 AT 04:40AM (MST)[p]I'm hoping to get her into the same unit I hunted in 2018. She should be right on the bubble for points provided creep doesn't weigh in too heavily. I've been hunting Colorado since 2011. The Gunny basin in particular. Im well versed in the p-point system.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom