'Yote Positioning

Layemdown

If I find a place that I can hear some 'yotes howling should I hunker down and start calling, or (if they sound far away) should I try to close some ground and get a little closer before I set up my call? Wind permitting.

Layemdown

"Vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats!!"

If you know there are yotes in the area, get setup and start out calling softly. If you are using a distress and nothing comes in, move to a challenge bark/howl and or pup distress. They will sometimes come to check out the action. Moving in on yotes it a difficult thing to do. Between their eyes and nose they will most likely bust ya.
Good luck!

Traditional >>>------->

+1 on what Horsecreek said. But if your calling using distress and they are barking they know your bad news and mist likely will no show for a shot.

If you can hear them, You can call them. Find a good spot that you can see in the direction you hear them and start calling.
Good luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Just last weekend we had a hard time with distress calls. Dogs weren't coming in or even making noises. Switched over to howling and they came right in. And fast. For some reason they were loving the challenge howl/barks.

Call right away when you here howls but answer with howels.
If that doesnt work and you have given them plenty of time to show themselves (30 minutes) then move on them and go to distress, start softly getting louder with every sequence.

any reccomendations on calls or devices...i need to keeo it simple...hth...thanks...somethin to do in the winteer...my grandson shot one during deer season...had it made into a coyote hat....granpa needs a coyote hat..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom