You have got to be kidding!

M

Myth

Well, last night was interesting to say the least. I decided to check out a spot quite a ways north of where I was hunting because people have been telling me of the number of deer people have been seeing. I went up there and looked around and as I came around a corner, there was a big cow moose standing there. Not being one to pass up calling a moose, I started calling I really had her going nuts, running back and forth, curling her lips and urinating all over the place - and I was having a blast lol. After she left I walked up to where she was and saw some incredible deer country. I decided to hunt there that night.

So I get all tucked in some bushes and after a short while I can here something approaching from one of the heavily used trails I found. After about 25 minutes, a real nice buck steps around the corner and continues my way. I was starting to get excited as he walked into the edge of the woods, and he was coming closer and closer I was getting more and more excited (isnt that a great feeling?).

I was just starting to draw back when all of a sudden I heard a very loud and very close CRACK. Then the buck started snorting and blowing and stamping his feet, all the while Im wondering what the heck is going on in there. After about 9 snorts from the bucks, I heard the loudest bull moose grunt I have ever heard in my life. I swear the leaves on the trees shook lol. He put the run to my buck and he meant business. (Middle of the moose rut). It was coming on dark and I didnt dare call this bull for fear of being charged (there was no trees for me to get up in if I had to run lol) so I quickly got the hell out there before I got myself in trouble lol.

I must have cursed that moose 1000 times on my way home, but I look at it this way - it was certainly an experience and I will always look back on that hunt when I hunt that spot from now on.

Funny story, I have had similar experiances, exept with elk. Thanks for sharing and hopefully the buck sticks around next time you see him.
Michael

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom