Youth bull hunt

TTT

Greetings- My 13 year old daughter drew the Utah Youth General Any Bull Elk tag in 2017. Despite some great information from a DOW biologist and a very helpful local young man we met on the mountain, my daughter did not get a shot at a bull in the 7 days we had to hunt. Although the tag went unfilled, we had a great adventure (road trip from NE Minnesota and a week of skipped school for her), excellent weather for camping in some fantastic country, and we did have some encounters with bull elk that just didn't pan out.

I would be interested in hearing stories from anyone else who's kid had this tag last year. This was a hunt that I really enjoyed. I know my daughter did too. We learned so much about the area in the week we had. I have 2 younger kids that will be applying for the tag as soon as they are old enough. They?re probably not as excited as I am about it yet, but I think they will be if they're lucky enough to get the opportunity.

T

I have 3 sons. ! never drew. The other two drew. One drew when he was real young and was not very experienced and had a couple chances, but never quite pulled the trigger. Still a great hunt. The other drew his last year and was experienced and pasted on a small bull. We really gave him credit for that. He ended up with a 5x6. I also have taken a freinds daughter and had a great time, but no success.

The youth hunt is always a great time and one of the funnest hunts I go on.

Hope your other children draw.

>What unit or units did you
>hunt ?

BIGJOHNT-

We hunted South Slope of the Uintas. It was one of those hunts I'd like to have back for a do-over. But a blast none the less.

T

I helped a 16 year old kid get his first elk this year. It was a lot of fun but a little stressful. You can check out the story and video in the elk forum.

Get ready for change because it's going to happen!

I looked at applying my son for these. But I guess I didn't see the allure of the tag? Isn?t it just a general otc tag but has its own season for youth?

Tough tag to draw! My oldest is now 19 and outside the age limit, he never drew in all his 6 tries. Still have 2 more kids applying, but no luck yet.

2a0fcsk.gif

My oldest son drew the youth tag the first year of the program. We where lucky to get into a area that was a LE area. That was opening up as a general area. He took this bull . http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/28688d3ac59366e4e490982b4fb4359593767.jpeg I have four other kids . Three of the others kids have not drawn that tag. I have one more to try and draw the youth tag. My nephew drew the tag two years ago and hunted up north. He only hunted the two Saturday days. On the second Saturday he was lucky enough to shoot a little bull. His first elk. It is true these are not trophy hunting areas. But with less pressure or people and that rut time of year. It helps the kids be more successful. Taking a branch antlered bull.

BIGJOHNT- Your son?s bull is incredible! Your nephew?s bull is more in line with my expectations for a general area. Both of those boys had great luck! Nicely done BIGJOHNT.

T

My oldest will be able to apply finally in the 2019 season. I'm hopeful she will be able to draw this tag.

BIGJOHNT, that bull from your son is a stud. Look at that mass!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom