Youth hunt at fort bayard

sicnm

Didnt get a chance to go this weekend dont know the area my son drew this hunt and havent have a clue where to go any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance and good luck to all on your hunts.

the hunt started the 1st n ends on the 9th of oct but we are only able to go this weekend any help would be appriciated.

My son had this hunt for elk in 2004. It was a pretty lean hunt for us. I scouted a couple of weeks before season and saw nothing. As I was leaving the area on the scout trip I stopped one last place to bugle and heard a faint reply. I decided we would start there on the opener.
We went to the spot on the opener and heard a weak distant bugle and moved towards it. As we were moving quietly I started seeing the first fresh sign I had seen and told my son to keep his eyes open. It wasn't 3 minutes later when my son said "There's one!". It had come in quiet to cow calling. It was a branched antler hunt and all I could see was a spike, but when he turned his head there was a fork on the other side. I said shoot and he nailed the 60 yard shot and got his first elk!
We were on the flats about a mile from the hospital. There was a road that went to the west and it had a gate. We walked into that area and then worked back south towards the hospital. Look in that thicker vegetation and slowly still hunt.
Good luck!

I just read the other posts and found out it is a deer hunt! Sorry, but no deer info. (I did enjoy recaping our hunt though)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom