Youth Only Hunt... Deer

cowslayer

Looking for some clarification.

My boy will be 8 next year and has passed hunter safety here in Utah. Is he eligible to hunt in NM and what is the cost for him to hunt?

Which unit would you recomend with high draw odds and a decent chance of shooting a buck.

Thanks CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Answer to first question straight from the NM regs...

No one under 18 years of age may hunt with a firearm or purchase a firearm hunting license without first obtaining a certificate attesting that they have passed New Mexico's or another state's hunter education course.

Sneekey

Yes he can hunt. I would apply for any of the Youth hunts. The units in the state with the youth hunts have good deer numbers.

TT

When I look at the cost is says for the youth licenses "not issued" does that mean that youth Non-residents have to pay the same and adult non-residents.

Thanks CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom