Youth Season

bigtines

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-05 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p] I think they need to make some changes in the youth deer season. Young kids are taking trophy deer when the deer are most vulnerable. I feel they should have to work for it and put in the long hrs and everything it involves getting a trophy. They should have to take a doe ,start from the bottom and work themselves up the ladder. BT

I hope my son or anyone else's kid gets a buck bigger than mine or any I have seen. Who cares what is harvested. My son is all ready to trophy hunt. He wanted a buck this year as he shot his first doe last year ans he started out with high standards then finally shot a 2x3.
Wow BT do you have any kids? Would you tell your child he couldnt shoot that big buck because they only deserve a doe?
Pretty bad BT.

fca2e9e9.jpg

Your right Super,that is pretty bad. I wrote that right after a conversation with my bro telling me about a 6 yr old shooting a big buck with a 3006, if he heard the story right . I didnt think a 6 yr old could hold up a 3006. Yes, I have kids and took them all hunting and fishing and I probably wouldnt of told my son not to shoot that big buck 50 yds away. and when I take my grandson hunting I would have a hard time telling him ,shoot the doe not the buck. I just think they might appreciate getting a couple does or smaller bucks before they slam the big one. And as a trophy management thing I think its too easy during youth season. Bt

I think we need to give the youth every opportunity to succeed (doe, buck, young or old). There are fewer and fewer kids gettings involved in hunting and the outdoors and that is sad to me. My son is so pumped about the early and late youth seasons knowing he doesn't have the competition of the older hunters. I hope to hell he kills the biggest buck on the property.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom