Zeiss-NEVER AGAIN

SageHunter29

I'm not sure if any of you have had to send anything back to Zeiss or not, but my experience has not been very good. It started back in November when I was getting ready to go to Texas and was checking to make sure my gun was on. As I lifted up the gun it was apparent something was rattling in my scope. So I called Zeiss and they said to ship it in. I told them about the time frame I was looking at. There was not any sort of accommodation they would make. But they told me 8-10 weeks (perfect-now I had to buy a new scope).

Now here we are almost the middle of March and I have yet to see the scope. Now I really don't care to use the scope again (I'm just going to sell it) it just blows my mind that companies like Vortex will pay to overnight a scope to make sure you have it for your hunt, and Zeiss can't even get a scope back to you within 16 weeks. Even if the optics were better (don't think they are) why would anyone do business with them knowing about their poor service?

That's why I stick with Swaro. Top glass AND customer service. I hope your situation works out.

Grizzly

You'd think they could made that decision within a day or two, not 16 weeks. Glad to hear you got an upgrade, but after waiting 4 months, and needing to buy a replacement, I wouldn't be able to let it go, I'd still be fuming.

Doesn't surprise me much on Swaro.

I have to say Vortex hooked me up. After knowing Zeiss was going to take 8+ weeks to get my scope back I ordered a Vortex. I took it into Sportsmans and not knowing any better the kid who was installing it told me my scope was broken (it just was maxed out on the windage turret) so I called Vortex and told them about it... They emailed me an overnight shipping label, called the next day to say no problems and overnighted it back to me- no charge what so ever. Now that's service!

I've had nothing but great experience with swarovski although i only had to use the warranty once. I rolled my pack down the mountain and when I retrieved it and pulled my scope out the objective lens was not round anymore and the eyepiece would wiggle around. Swarovski fixed it for free but it did take 5 weeks.
Vortex has a great thing going with thier warranty. Hope they can keep it forever because I've got some vortex stuff also. fatrooster.

I have a story that is way to long to tell about Zeiss. To sum it up I waited over a year and spent over $800.00 on repairs to my spotter that I never got back. After calling and complaining enough they sent me a used one to replace the one I sent in. Absolutely terrible service. That was all after they tried to charge an additional 200 for a factory defect.

What few problems I've had with Swarovski were handled very well.

NOBODY beats Leupold's service.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom