ZEISS SCOPE HELP!!

FullCurlHunter

Last fall I put a Zeiss 4.5-14 x 44 mm conquest scope on my weatherby mk V. 300 wby mag. I have not had any problems with it, dropped it or anything of the like...in fact I have babied the combo ever since it was built.

This evening while sitting over my bait station for Minnesota's Bear season I noticed a small black speck in the upper right hand quadrant while looking through the scope. Afterwards I thouroughly cleaned both the front and the back lens' and noticed that the small black speck was still there. I began to experiment and I noticed that the small black speck only appears on 4.5 - 6 power...any power above that the speck is not there. What are your opinions. Will this be covered under Zeiss' warranty?? Personally it drives me nuts...for a scope that costs well over $600.00, I would expect it to be perfect with no flaws whatsoever.

Let me know what you all think.

A quick update on the bear situation. We are hunting in Crow Wing County...I was sitting over one of our 5 bait pits that have been hit out of 10 possible pits. A little after dusk I heard shots to my rear...where my dad was located. After the second shot I thought I would call it quits so I got down and as soon as I got to the bottom of my stand....I spooked what I think was a bear in the heavy cover coming into the bait....turns out it wasnt my dad's shots...just another close hunter....

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Even the best companies occasionally have something wrong with their products. Call Zeiss and explain your problem. Chances are they will ask you to ship it back for repair/replacement. They have a great warranty program, so you shouldn't have any problems. If you need the scope for an upcoming hunting trip, mention that to them as well. They will probably send a loaner or even a new scope.

I bought a pair of Swaro ELs last year and for some reason could not get them to focus clearly. I had to send them back to the factory and get them recalibrated and the focus knob switched out. They are now as you would expect them to be. I know exactly what you're going through.

Take care,
Dave

I have the same scope and had the same problem. Zeiss did cover it 100%. In fact, they replaced the scope. The provided an option for me to upgrade but the scope I wanted was back ordered and would not arrive prior to my deer hunt.

All in all, they are good scopes, but for the money, I would buy Leupold. Thus, that is what I am doing. I have recently bought 2 scopes - both 4.5-14X 50mm scopes. One has the BC reticle and the other has the varmint reticle. Would not trade either for a Zeiss Conquest.

Hope this helps....sorry for the good and the bad.

JBone

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom