0085 is dead

dwalton

Very Active Member
Just got a call from my Representative. The Resident Pref Points bill got voted down 31-27. They want to do an interim study later this year.

I don't believe it, as I thought the way it was moving along that it was a done deal. I hope us NRs that weighed in with a bunch of emails helped out some!

>Strong Work Everyone. This took a
>huge effort to kill this
>beast.
>
>Now we need to UNITE as
>sportsmen and have our voices
>heard. I didn't think we
>could do it. I love
>a Democracy BY THE PEOPLE!
>
>
>-Cade
>www.HuntForeverWest.com

congrats

I had just received a message from a representative. I am surprised that it failed but enough people voiced enough concern. As mentioned above we as sportsmen need to come together and look a a system. Research and find a common ground.

I still like the idea of mandatory wait periods for hunters who draw. But that was just an option.

I hope the real lesson learned is that its not about winning or losing, but about getting the horse in front of the cart.

Legislative action is serious business that comes with a lot of consequences.

These issues need a lot of public involvement and a lot of thought ahead of time. Clearly this one wasnt thought over much, if at all.

Now the real challenge starts, and thats deciding if we even want a point system, and what that system should look like to address as many of the concerns as possible if we choose the point games.

At least now we can start at the start...

Oh, and thank you to all the people that worked to kill the current crap bill that was proposed.

dwalton, been meaning to mention, that a portion of your email was read in the House TRW Committee regarding this bill.

Nicely done, Sir.

No Congrats JM77. This was a lose/lose as it divided alot of sportsmen. We've got so many other issues to worry about that we now need to UNITE and make sure all Wyo sportsmen have their voices heard. I consider you a great hunter/conservationist and I will rely on your opinion and experience for issues in the future. Experiences that I just don't have. As I said the other day, let me know when you draw the Range for moose. I'll be glad to help as I'll never draw it.

I hope we can set up working groups in each part of this great state so everyone is heard and give WGFD suggestions to benefit the most people in Wyo. If the majority want a 75/25 PP system. I will live with it. If the majority want a pure random draw, I will live with it also. My opnions and experiences dictate how I hunt and think as do yours. Neither is right or wrong, just different and it works for each of us.

Thanks,
Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Good news.Now we can discuss our options.Although I agree that something should be done to give better odds to longtime applicants,this bill was not the answer.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 01:17PM (MST)[p]My hope is that the same level of concern/participation is expressed during the negotiations in regard to a point system.

I think we all need to work on a more appropriate plan, and to do that we need a variety of ideas and input from as many hunters as possible.

Lets keep the momentum moving forward into the working groups and put together the best plan possible.

I'm in!!!!!

There has been talk going around about setting up "chapter" groups, If you will,for each county. Agreed, there needs to be more organization. Should not matter if your a "stick flipper" or prefer the big "Bang". Were ALL hunters that value the importance of tradition, fair chase and ethics. (at least I hope most of you are). I was tickled to death to see the PP bill get shot down. And I can't say thanks enough for the handfull of guys on this site for keeping us updated and showing up to defend what so many believe in.

Let it be known there is quite a bit of support here in Carbon County.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom