021 dec rifle

6x7

Very Active Member
Had my friend put in that had a few points and he drew the hunt this year,have any of you guys hunted this unit or helped out friends?
We are going to be able to spend a lot of time over there in November and early December while they are rutting hoping to be able to locate a range that holds a decent buck or two.

Nvmuledeer do you think this is a migration hunt, as in hoping for California deer to migrate over or would you consider it a resident deer hunt.

I've got lots of points and I'm thinking of putting in for this area. Ha! Hey, you guys should have a fun hunt, especially if it snows. Check out the game refuge just over the border if you want to see what might come over. There are some good bucks that live there year round too.

A friend of mine hunted it a few years ago in late Dec. and saw quite a few bucks...many had broken antlers from the rut and cold weather. He shot a busted up heavy horned 28 incher. When the buck hit the ground, both horns fell off. Guess he was close to dropping them. Good luck.

Moose

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

If you get heavy snows, the deer will push off of the escarpment and out of Sierra Valley. It has been ages since I have seen this in November, but you might get lucky. As a boy, my granddaddy came home empty handed one year after slinging an entire box of .30 savages at deer running this gauntlet and missing them all. If you can locate a 26 inch buck with all four points and eye guards, then you will have done very well, even in a year with average rainfall. I am missing something in your question, however. Won't the hunt be over by November? I thought the late hunt was archery these days.

I know every inch of that unit and the cali. side also.I dont hunt it anymore cause it cant produce the kind of buck im looking for these days.It can be a fun hunt with a lot of bucks to look over.If you want to send me a PM with your contact info. I can help you find the best bucks in there.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom