033 buck FCFS

BGnight

Last week the lord blessed me with this 033 buck tag. Only had to burn 1 point. Leaving Saturday and going in blind (besides e-scouting). Just wondering if anyone had any info I might need to know. I know they limit road access which I hope is the case since it seems like a unit that would suck with side by sides running around. Should be interesting hunting as it's not a normal "mountainous" unit I'm used to.

So.....want me to lie to you?
No, but crotchety, smart ass remarks about someone's hunt stemming from the fact you don't have a tag and just want to piss on someone's sunshine is kind of lame.
I live in NV. I know there are horses. That information has no importance to me.

Should be a fun hunt. Bring multiple spare tires, the rocks are sharp up there!!
Got new 10 plys with 2 spares, repair kit, compressor, etc...and 2 gas cans. I figure if the hunt info sheets tell you to carry xtra spares you should take it seriously. I've had good luck with falken 10 plys. Hoping to continue the streak.

Last edited:
Have fun....should be a good hunt.....The Sheldon was a hunter's paradise when Frenchy Montero had it full of cattle.
Thanks. Sorry for being a dick. I was half expecting that kind of response so that's the reason I called it out. I'm just stoked to check the area out and do a different than usual muley hunt.

Not the point. It’s more about hunters frustrated about a great unit being killed by horses. Not about you at all. I hunted antelope there and found deer on the plateaus in the rocks. Not the best Info, but saw a few.

Take a shotgun and some eclipse glasses. Eclipse at 9:15 am tomorrow morning. Will be pretty cool.

Glass north east facing rocks off those flattops. You may be surprised what you see. Enjoy and have fun!

Spent 4 nights at 4 different campgrounds. Not much of a wildlife refuge unless you like owls (tons of owls) and rabbits. Saw one group of horses way off on the flats the entire trip covering a lot of ground. Horses are NOT an issue there (yet). I saw some very old horse **** here and there but nothing like other units. Saw zero antelope which surprised me. Turned up 3 bucks and 12 does. Stalked and passed on a healthy 3x4 at 80 yds but a bit too narrow and weak on the 3. Don't really care about filling tag for meat. Hoping to go back at end of hunt. The first 2 bucks I found I glassed from the road at 1:30 in afternoon sitting under cliffs.

Was a good scouting trip basically. Hoping I can pull off 1 more trip as I know where to look and how to hunt them a bit better.

Last edited:
The buck I stalked. Glassed at 1200 yards. Stalked to 80 and just sat there taking pics.

20231016_152801.jpg

20231016_152941 (1).jpg

It’s been several years since I was on the Shelton.
But I remember they were going to take all the horses off the unit.
There shouldn’t be many horses left on the unit.
I think most of you probably have old information on 033.

Wanted to follow up with a report. I just got back from several days hunting hard and glassing dawn to dusk in the Sheldon’s. I saw deer, antelope, coyotes, a badger, chukars, and sage hen but not a single horse. As Jay-Z would say. “99 problems, but a horse ain’t one.”——-SS

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom