08 elk mount

marley

Very Active Member
Just got my elk back today. What do you think?

498a0c8127bf426a.jpg

Would this be considered a legal spike in Utah? It seems like as long as there was one side that had only one point going above the ear that is was a legal spike. What is the regs?

Nice, I would have had him mounted, too.
I jumped back to your pic on the bull contest and compared them,
Your taxi did a good job.
BTW good luck on the contest. Hope I didn't jinx you.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Thanks guys, I debated for a long time whether or not to mount this bull but in the end I was extremely glad that I did. I have always liked the funky animals. This bull was by far my hardest hunt and the one I will remember the most. I have never hunted one single animal as long or as hard as this elk. The chips were laid right the day I finally got an arrow in him.

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your thinking. Each animal is an individual, with its own character. One thing, too, any time you glimpse the animal, you may happen to relive memories of the hunt. I've had friends that have harvested elk with multiple broken tines, and mounted the animal that way because the old guy was probably a fighter or had an attitude to cause the tines to be broken.

I Agree All The SAme And Unique Is What Mounting Animals Is All About ,Right? your memories, your story, your TROPHY!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom