08' Unit 89 Deer Hunt Pics

S

ShadowBuck

I have been lurking on this site for sometime now and thought I better post something. These pics are from my deer hunt this year in unit 89. I was only able to hunt the last week of the season due to work but hunted all day for five full days and was beginning to wonder if I could ware out my binoculars and spotting scope. Ended up eating tag soup which is not what I expected since I have drawn the this tag before 3 years ago and took a great 5x4 (aprox. 160) with my bow on my second day of the hunt. The weather was anything but great since I was hunting in a tee shirt a lot of the time. Not great for the last week in October. During the entire hunt I counted 26 bucks with at least 4 points on one side but nothing over 120 on the second day I did pass a massive 3x2 with about a 25" spread, but he looked to only be about 3.5 years old and it was still early in the hunt. I did see one but that I think may have gone about 140 ish but didn't ever have a chance to close the distance and get a better look.
I was born in Riverton and 3 years ago moved away so I haven't been able to keep track on this area as well as I used to but seams that the quality has declined a lot in the past few years. I guess I am looking to see what you guys think of the unit and its quality over the past few years. Was it me or has something changed in 89?

494bd5d61ad350e2.jpg

494bd6261ca59198.jpg

494bd66d1f0eb733.jpg

494bd53e173aa639.jpg

Were you on a DIY Public land hunt or was it a trespass fee hunt? Were you competeing with a bunch of other hunters?
Beautiful pics, sorry the hunt was not to your expectations, sounds like in a year or two there should be some good bucks.

Jason

I was in area 89 for the opener and ran into the opposit of you. To much snow, which caused the to move out of the area, and caused very poor road conitions for the first few days. My story is under Scouting area 89. I did get a very good buck(first mule deer)on the last night of are hunt.

Bake

Bake

Congratulations on the great buck sounds like you had a good hunt. That area has always been touch and go and very spread out in my experience but looks like there are some nice bucks still around. Thats one heck of a first mule deer.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom